Where in the hell is the OFF TOPIC THREAD on the forum?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In what way will peace finally come? Jesus showed that, instead of being discouraged because of the uncertainty of world affairs, true Christians should lift up their heads and rejoice, because these conditions mark a time of change.

Not to disparage the Bible or any other religious book or belief but, when those were written, times were different. A time of change may have been nothing more than a famine due to lack of rain, a ruler being overthrown or a kingdom falling to an invading army. Today, we are looking at world wide pandemics, possible nuclear attacks, viral attacks on infrastructure, and that's not counting the smaller local stuff.

God’s Word the Bible is an inexhaustible source of nourishment. It never grows out of date. Critics may say it is out of date, but that is like saying eating is out of date. We have been eating for thousands of years and it is still very much in style! We would not give it up as old-fashioned and no longer beneficial. The Bible, with its supply of rich spiritual food, is even more necessary and is even more up to date. It sustains us with spiritual food vital for our everlasting welfare.
But this isn't the topic an hand.

Never said the Bible was out of date, just the contexts in which it was written. I'll be the first to admit that many things talked about in the Old Testament have been proven to be fact, not just story as some will try to claim. Moses leading his people across the reed sea(often mistranslated as the Red Sea) has been shown to coincide with a volcanic island exploding in the Mediterranean Sea, causing a tsunami that hit a majority of the coastlines and forcing water to run upstream in the rivers, including into the reed sea, after sucking water into the resulting crater. This is just one example of Biblical Stories now supported by science. Now, back to the topic at hand

Love Mel Brooks movies !!
Sadly 90% of them couldn't be made today though...

I'm proud to have grown up in a generation where we could all have a good laugh at ourselves, and everyone understood it was just comedy!
Mel is an "equal opportunity offender" and he is a master at it...

Can you imagine the outrage if Blazing Saddles came out new in the theaters today ??

Sadly, Brooks endorsed Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election, in his first ever public endorsement of a political candidate.

Last edited:
YES!. For what it's worth...My 2 businesses did very well with the Republican party. We don't like DT's personalities but his methods worked for us.
Your Items 1-4 are right on. I do see an advantage to Afghanistan concessions...I believe their main product is opium poppies as used in opioids.
If we can destroy that industry the world could end up with less of a drug problem. Lithium is useful in many products and can be obtained elsewhere readily.
The largest production of lithium can be found in Australia near Perth, Chile, the salt lakes near Tibet and Qinghai and in the State of Nevada.
Not being political or religious, I do tend to simplify issues-sometimes so be gentle when /if correcting me.
We should end this topic too.

Just saw a video on You Tube that I think fits this thread really well:

Not sure if I agree last Tuesday's election results are as slight as made out in the video but, all things being equal, it was the first step in what's going to become the possible reclaiming of this country. Seeing other videos that are starting to show how extensive the "GET TRUMP" conspiracy actually went into the government, I don't think it will be something that will be totally exposed for at least another year. It would be nice to see those involved, starting with the Clintons, being called out and made to be accountable for their abuse of power, fraud and anything else that comes to light and, from what I'm seeing, it's going to be a long list of offenses and people.
I'm very hopeful that we will see those in the present administration get their rewards for failing to do their jobs, their incompetence and total lack of taking responsibility for the damage they are doing. Guess we will see how it goes over the next year

Liz Cheney, words of truth:

"Woulda Coulda Shoulda" - nice spin job.

Wondering if ABC News will take this degree of interest in Hillary's Email Server? Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan? The southern border crisis? Radical liberal mobs rioting and burning our cities? Biden & democratic party's silence?

Let the democratic smear campaign begin well ahead of 2024 - wreaks of the current level of desperation within the party...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-filmed-maskless-at-packed-florida-bar

Last edited:
Liz Cheney, words of truth:
What a load of shiznit. Liz Cheney is a total POS just like her father and wouldn't know truth if it hit her in the face. Her own state GOP party has censured her, voted to no longer recognize as a member and will not support her re election efforts. Amazing how from Trump's Jan. 6 speech they conveniently leave out how he said to not be violent and protest peacefully, he did not encourage what happened. It's long been proven how those listening to Trump speak live in no way could have made it down to the Capitol by the time the supposed breech occurred.............

Sorry David, I have to disagree with you. Everyone knows that Liz is a RINO and that the January 6th committee is a joke and has one agenda, GET DONALD TRUMP!!!!!
If the committee really wants to look at January 6th, they should be asking these questions:
  1. Why didn't Nancy Pelosi or the Sergeant at Arms accept security assistance from the National Guard?
  2. How could the crowd at the legally held Trump rally get to the capital before the rally ended?
  3. Why were people, shown in pictures from many of the cities where "peaceful protests" were wreaking havoc, in DC AND AT THE CAPITAL?
  4. Why didn't Nancy Pelosi accept GOP Representatives requested by the House Minority leader for the committee?
No matter how you look at it, the January 6th committee is nothing more than a "Kangaroo Court" and an example of partisan politics. You also have to remember, the mainstream media (ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, etc) are not reporting real news. They are all spouting Democratic propaganda. Why else have we not really seen anything about the southern border, actions in the middle east since the botched retreat, the appeasement of China and Russia or Hunter Biden's laptop? The first and last of those I listed are commonly referred to as "misinformation", just like the Trump-Russia collusion that has been shown to have originated from within the Hilary Clinton Campaign staff.

Back