When CD's should act/Sport Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea.. i have no idea what might happen to the price but I would be surprised if it went up..

GP will be the exclusive distributor of the TT line.. they don’t own the company.. if the price goes up it would be TTs decision.

Rock and roll

Grim

all I hope is that hobbico doesnt jack the price way up........ That will suck....

I agree... that would suck... the prices now are awsome..$189.99 for a o/b is perfect...in the right hands they are deadly... some people just dont get that... eyebrows are for sure raised when the tt passes a suposidly better more expensive engine,, it will always be like that... so if you are spankin people with a tt,,,im sure someone is gonna be questioning it....

i like the sounds of GP carrying the tt line... tt4u has worked just fine for me over the years though...

Glad to see you guys are still posting on this thread. Don't worry - I'm not going to mention any more about TT and illegal carbs. :D I'm sure Jerry Wyss is appreciating the talk about Thunder Tiger - though. I'm sure it doesn't hurt his cause. :lol:

Tower Hobbies has them listed for $219.99 and "order pending". There are two gear ratios to choose from. Which is best???

I love O.S. engines, but the price is way higher....

Glad to see you guys are still posting on this thread. Don't worry - I'm not going to mention any more about TT and illegal carbs. :D I'm sure Jerry Wyss is appreciating the talk about Thunder Tiger - though. I'm sure it doesn't hurt his cause. :lol:
Hey Ted, Your right!, I have been carrying the TT Flag since they hit the shelves back in the early 90's. The few things TT Corp has never done is change some of the important internal parts of the engine. One is the head button, button head, under head whatever they call it, It Hasn't Changed One Bit since the very first. How hard is it to punch a few buttons and start to turn out something that works.

There are a few other things that can be tweaked a little, shouldn't be too hard with CNC stuff. Just a few changes and they could be a strong stock competitor with O.S.

They wouldn't have to change anything else with the rest of the O/B, just internal engine specs,, whata they doin' over there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ted, Your right!, I have been carrying the TT Flag since they hit the shelves back in the early 90's. The few things TT Corp has never done is change some of the important internal parts of the engine. One is the head button, button head, under head whatever they call it, It Hasn't Changed One Bit since the very first. How hard is it to punch a few buttons and start to turn out something that works.

There are a few other things that can be tweaked a little, shouldn't be too hard with CNC stuff. Just a few changes and they could be a strong stock competitor with O.S.

They wouldn't have to change anything else with the rest of the O/B, just internal engine specs,, whata they doin' over there?
So, you know what Jerry, I'm covinced!!! I might even add This to my Signature: "Thunder Tiger" - "The little Engine that Could"!! ;) And I don't even own a Tunnel hull, But hey, Lance's Engine is still going strong (All Year), No break-downs - nothin... :D

Ill buy from tt4u. There price is about 30 less
I know of a place to get them for 155.00 but not sure how long they have been on the shelf.... Same with the OS if you search you can find one place that sells them for 320-330 but can't remember who....

I know of a place to get them for 155.00 but not sure how long they have been on the shelf.... Same with the OS if you search you can find one place that sells them for 320-330 but can't remember who....
TT's have a Shelf-life of 1,000 years... I'm sure you'll probably have to change-out the bearings though. :D

TT's have a Shelf-life of 1,000 years... I'm sure you'll probably have to change-out the bearings though. :D
Well to be hones I can't remember when I got mine but... It was atleast 10-12 years ago!!!!

If you are running a stock carb why dont you post a pic of it so everybody can see for themselfs or is there to many grind marks on it to even tell what it is. I've got 4 TT tigers and none of mine have a 20 j on them.

Ted, change the carb out for sport, and change it back for Mod..... see you at the pond.... in Mod. Mike

Ted, change the carb out for sport, and change it back for Mod..... see you at the pond.... in Mod. Mike
I think "changing the carb" is like a "pulling teeth" thing with some :lol:
:lol: Heee.. These last two post were funny... Seriously :D Mike, the Boat is my Son's and I don't know what he's gonna do - since we only have the Championship race left to run. Rest assured that if he runs in THAT race - he'll be putting a carb on it that has TT in "NEON SIGN" lettering :lol: As far as the pulling teeth - thing, Jerry you're right.. I'm even considering "Maybe" not even showing-up..

LC!... You call in sick to the bullet facktorie....... or.... basically leave the machine run, and make the race.... go back and check runout between heats....nobody turns necks anymore anyway..... Yeah, i may come up...... somewhere, theres a site with participants on it.... I'd sure like to race hydro....... dunno... Iowa guys droppin like flies.... I could even ride with Aric, looks like, now..... we'll see.

discussion commences tommorow.....

Trinkets.... well...... I guess..... putting me on some walleyes be a lot better.....

Ted.... after all the combatants are done, maybe, i'd surely not like to see you detract from the event...... son, and all...it's about running all them boats around the floaty things.... aint it?...... plus, i dont assemble my mod boat for just anything.....

I have had an offer of a loaner sportie if'n i'd like....... we'll see..... you guys had a year.... look to get it on. Mike

LC!... You call in sick to the bullet facktorie....... or.... basically leave the machine run, and make the race.... go back and check runout between heats....nobody turns necks anymore anyway..... Yeah, i may come up...... somewhere, theres a site with participants on it.... I'd sure like to race hydro....... dunno... Iowa guys droppin like flies.... I could even ride with Aric, looks like, now..... we'll see.

discussion commences tommorow.....

Trinkets.... well...... I guess..... putting me on some walleyes be a lot better.....

Ted.... after all the combatants are done, maybe, i'd surely not like to see you detract from the event...... son, and all...it's about running all them boats around the floaty things.... aint it?...... plus, i dont assemble my mod boat for just anything.....

I have had an offer of a loaner sportie if'n i'd like....... we'll see..... you guys had a year.... look to get it on. Mike
Mike,

tcmbc.org You can list what you are going to run. If i come I have to take 11/2 days off work or I will be racing on no sleep coming off 12hrs on my feet...What buoys? I don't see any buoys:blink:. If I do I'll run B and D Hydro. so plan on bringing your road runner. I have to check and see if I have the pto available and if I can get that particular time off. Bench rest shooters turn thier case necks to fit the chambers in their rifles. I don't make bullets, I make the cartridge cases they get loaded into. :)

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back