What's This?!?!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy

Any idea when you will do a 3756/3 3/16 bore.- 37mm Dia. about a 55mm or 56mm pitch, 3 blade???

About the same as a detounged X537/3 for use with high (RPM 30,000) surface drive.

Please I need at least two with one spare. 3 total

Thank you

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy
Any idea when you will do a 3719/3 3/16 bore.- 37mm Dia. about a 18mm or 19mm pitch, 3 blade???

About the same as a detounged X537/3 for use with high RPM 30,000 surface drive.

Thank you

Larry
19mm pitch????? Is this for a tug boat????? :D :D

Do you mean 1.8~1.9 pitch RATIO?

Andy
Any idea when you will do a 3719/3 3/16 bore.- 37mm Dia. about a 18mm or 19mm pitch, 3 blade???

About the same as a detounged X537/3 for use with high RPM 30,000 surface drive.

Thank you

Larry
19mm pitch????? Is this for a tug boat????? :D :D

Do you mean 1.8~1.9 pitch RATIO?

Sorry I multiplied by .5 instead of 1.5

It should be 55mm or 56mm pitch.

Larry

I made two new props today.
The first prop is a 3874 4 blade. With a 1.9 pitch/dia.ratio and 15 degrees of rake it may have some interesting results for a .21 rigger.

The pitch is about like a 1450 with 3.2" cup. The diameter is small but with 4 blades there is plenty of blade area to push a .21 rigger or fast electric rigger.

Also made a 3457 4 blade. I designed it for the .15/.18 RTR hydro. This one has a 3/16" bore. We may try it on our stock ProBoat hydro this weekend. If it looks good I'll make it, or whatever is most suitable for that boat, with an1/8" bore.
andy can you keep me posted on the rtr stuff as well as it progresses , i am intrested in buying some of them too, i have kids they have boats = i am losing money..lol thanks and i just ordered 6 more props from you and i am really excited to see the first 3 i ordered, do you have a timeline on mac .67 sleeves and pistons ? thanks

terminator

Whoever gets these props are going to wet their pants!

I saw 2 of Walt's props today and not only are they everything and more of what I expected from out of Andy's shop but was amazed at how light they are!

Stock up on them while Andy has them on sale, you won't be sorry.

Here is a pic of the 3457 on a stock ProBoat Ellstrom with a stock Dynomite .15. We are gone to run it tomrrow and see if it will

pull it.

It will give me a base line for more RTR hydro props.

I'll keep you all posted

dscf4364__2_.jpg

dscf4361__2_.jpg

Here is a pic of the 3457 on a stock ProBoat Elam with a stock Dynomite .15. We are gone to run it tomrrow and see if it willpull it.

It will give me a base line for more RTR hydro props.

I'll keep you all posted
NICE!!

Andy
Any idea when you will do a 3756/3 3/16 bore.- 37mm Dia. about a 55mm or 56mm pitch, 3 blade???

About the same as a detounged X537/3 for use with high (RPM 30,000) surface drive.

Thank you

Larry

Larry,

We're going to try the 3457/4 and 3657/4 on our .21 mono tomorrow. We normally run an X437/3 or X440/3 on that boat,

so it will give us agood comparison to what you are looking for. Also give us a bench mark in the quest for a selection great .21 mono props.

I made two new props today.
The first prop is a 3874 4 blade. With a 1.9 pitch/dia.ratio and 15 degrees of rake it may have some interesting results for a .21 rigger.

The pitch is about like a 1450 with 3.2" cup. The diameter is small but with 4 blades there is plenty of blade area to push a .21 rigger or fast electric rigger.

Also made a 3457 4 blade. I designed it for the .15/.18 RTR hydro. This one has a 3/16" bore. We may try it on our stock ProBoat hydro this weekend. If it looks good I'll make it, or whatever is most suitable for that boat, with an1/8" bore.
andy can you keep me posted on the rtr stuff as well as it progresses , i am intrested in buying some of them too, i have kids they have boats = i am losing money..lol thanks and i just ordered 6 more props from you and i am really excited to see the first 3 i ordered, do you have a timeline on mac .67 sleeves and pistons ? thanks

terminator
Thanks for the orders. Just keep looking here for more propellor progress. We are making progress on P/L parts.

When can we start seeing some gas props? 6717/3 410-430 bout the most popular...

Rigged,

We will get to the gas props soon.

Back to the RTR.15 hydro.

Today we ran the 3457/4 on a stock Pro Boat Elam on 30%. It ran about the same as a Y535. I cupped it up just a small

amount and the engine still pulled it easily. I'm sure I could have shorthed the pipe and gone faster, but I was looking for the best prop for the bone stock boat. I had a 3857/4 with me so I put it on and was amazed at how well it worked.

The boat handled excellent and pulled strongly through the turns with this prop but what really surprised me was how much extra speed the 3857 had over the Y535.

The 3857/4 is definately suited to this hydro and the low nitro, low RPM configuration of the stock power plant.

More later!

That might be a good prop also for the Miss Vegas or one a touch larger.

I'd be intereted in something aorund the 671/3 (or more blades) area also.

andy, tried the 3857/4 fri. on a modded 3.5 k&b. very hard to launch, compared to "normal" tunnel props. had to give it a GOOD toss. very rough water, if it came off the pipe, couldn't get back up...... will give more feedback with more testing. basically just tried the same setup as normal, time wouldn't allow anyhing more. yes, 1 was at the tunnel champs, thanx for the excellent service/shipping to the motel. a LOT of people saw it, you should be hearing more orders, from what i heard.

andy, tried the 3857/4 fri. on a modded 3.5 k&b. very hard to launch, compared to "normal" tunnel props. had to give it a GOOD toss. very rough water, if it came off the pipe, couldn't get back up...... will give more feedback with more testing. basically just tried the same setup as normal, time wouldn't allow anyhing more. yes, 1 was at the tunnel champs, thanx for the excellent service/shipping to the motel. a LOT of people saw it, you should be hearing more orders, from what i heard.

Thanks for the report!

The 3857 has a bit more lift than something like an X440. It will act more like a cupped 1440.

The 3857 and 3861 props look like they will work very well on the sport 21 hydros.

Now that I'm beginning to get some feed back on the props I'll be able to hone in on everyone's different needs.

The 5083 is showing some good potential on the Sport 45 hydros. Has good hook up and is easy to launch.

It has a little more lift than an X450, so the shaft angle must be reduced.

Good boating,

Andy

Andy,
When you decide to make some in steel, try 17-4 PH stainless. It would be a very good material for this application, as it's very corrosion resistant. It's also heat treatable to about 45 Rc, very strong in this condition and does not warp during heat treating. It machines about like A-2, a very widely used tool steel. Just a thought.

BTW, how about a 44-47mm diameter and 75-80mm pitch with around 10-15% progression? Still looking for that elusive 1645 for 20 hydros...... ;)

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Brad,

I'm currently working on two 45 mm props. One for the rigger as you are asking about and one with less pitch and more progression for Vee's cats hydros.

They may be ready after this weekend.

I have considered the 17-4PH . I have some Chrome-Moly that I am planning to use. The strength of this particular version is equal to the 17-4, but has more toughness and is less prone to warp while machining. It is not stainless, but since contains chromium it is fairly corrosion resistant. It's not like we leave our R/c boat sittting in the water for long periods.

Keep an eye out for lots of new props. Also for every left hand prop there will be a matching right hand version.
Andy,

Kenny Hildreth and I got a chance to test your 40 prop. Lots of lift launched great on a sport 40 ran good handled great need a little more set up but will be a good sport 40 prop. On my tunnel launched easy little hard to get on the pipe but when it did look out. That is with a K&B pro water cooled with a silver bullet pipe on a HTB 360. GREAT PROP!!!!! ;)

Got my three props yesterday. Look great! Question, if these props are too much for this Sport 21 tunnel is there any way of reworking then to something different?

Thanks!

John

Got my three props yesterday. Look great! Question, if these props are too much for this Sport 21 tunnel is there any way of reworking then to something different?
Thanks!

John
Yes John, after we see how they work for you we can do some fine tuning.

For those who are still waiting on props, we had run out of our first batch and we were waiting on more material. The material is here now so we will catch up on orders the first of this coming week.

All of the props we've made so far are fairly high lifting and have too much lift for most mono applications.

If you ordered a prop with the plan to use it on a mono and don't have an alternative use for the prop, let us know.

We will be making props that are more suited to monos in the week to come. Please e-mail us with the information about the boat you would like to use the prop on.

More so than I expected the 4773/3 looks like it has great potential for .21 riggers. The pitch and lift of the prop looks to be very similar to to a 1445 cupped 3.6".

Thanks,

Andy Brown

Andy,
When you decide to make some in steel, try 17-4 PH stainless. It would be a very good material for this application, as it's very corrosion resistant. It's also heat treatable to about 45 Rc, very strong in this condition and does not warp during heat treating. It machines about like A-2, a very widely used tool steel. Just a thought.

BTW, how about a 44-47mm diameter and 75-80mm pitch with around 10-15% progression? Still looking for that elusive 1645 for 20 hydros...... ;)

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Brad,

I'm currently working on two 45 mm props. One for the rigger as you are asking about and one with less pitch and more progression for Vee's cats hydros.

They may be ready after this weekend.

I have considered the 17-4PH . I have some Chrome-Moly that I am planning to use. The strength of this particular version is equal to the 17-4, but has more toughness and is less prone to warp while machining. It is not stainless, but since contains chromium it is fairly corrosion resistant. It's not like we leave our R/c boat sittting in the water for long periods.

Keep an eye out for lots of new props. Also for every left hand prop there will be a matching right hand version.
Andy,

Kenny Hildreth and I got a chance to test your 40 prop. Lots of lift launched great on a sport 40 ran good handled great need a little more set up but will be a good sport 40 prop. On my tunnel launched easy little hard to get on the pipe but when it did look out. That is with a K&B pro water cooled with a silver bullet pipe on a HTB 360. GREAT PROP!!!!! ;)
Thanks for the report Scott! The 4773/3 looks it has good potential to the 45 tunnel also. Plus I think I do some thing in between. Maybe a 4879/3. More props to come!

Latest posts

Back