What's This?!?!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmmmmm....what about a list of avaliable props and their usage???
Yes,

I was thinking about doing that here. I'll post a list shortly.

I will also post a list of the newest, soon to be released props.
andy , i was wondering , i have a .12 rigger and any of the props i have bought from you would work on that as well, i am kind stumped to figure a place to start, it is a os .12 tz modded ? any ideas, or are you working on something for them? thanks

terry

Andy, Tested 5083 prop on my Sport 40, launched easy, great top end speed. Not bad for a 9 lb boat with a 10 year old OPS 45. Should even run better heat racing, water was dead flat out there by myself. B) B)

finally made it to the pond after work last night. took my villain/impba sport 20 boat. worked on setup & tuning. found a good needle, worked on motor trim. ended up slightly high for the shoboat "grim signature" 1440. wish i had the exact #'s for it with me, to post. thought, what the hell, try your 3857/4. a little high might be just right ;) . ****, what a surprise!!!! launched easily, & was a ROCKET!!!!!!!! didn't have my gps, but seemed to be 3-4 mph faster. even my wife said it was noticeably faster. no need to toss it, just plop it down & nail it. slow down to idle, completely off plane, took off like any other 2 or 3 blade i have in my box. VERY stable in turns, and flew the boat/carried the hull nicer, also. and i was still a little too high on the setup, imho. had it in my mind that this would be a lot of prop for a "sport" motor, might even have turned up a little more than the 1440........... this is on a villain with a oer built impba sport k&b. i'm going back tonite to fine tune this setup :ph34r: !

hmmmmmmm....what about a list of avaliable props and their usage???
Yes,

I was thinking about doing that here. I'll post a list shortly.

I will also post a list of the newest, soon to be released props.
andy , i was wondering , i have a .12 rigger and any of the props i have bought from you would work on that as well, i am kind stumped to figure a place to start, it is a os .12 tz modded ? any ideas, or are you working on something for them? thanks

terry
Terry,

I think the 3457, 3657 and the 3857 will be good props for the .12 rigger.

I forgot which you have but give them a Shot!

Ray and Robin,

Thanks for the report! Sounds like both of those props have great potential!

Thanks again everyone!

P.S.

For those who have been waiting; backorder props will begin shipping today! Thanks for being patient! :)

I've started laying out some props for the monos.

The first will a 50mm for 45 sized monos.

I'll post some details about this prop and the 45/47 sized mono props later tonight.

These new 45, 47 and 50mm mono props will go on the introdutory $30 price starting now and going through Monday the 14th.

Last edited by a moderator:
went back to the pond again yesterday evening. tried the 3857/4 on my ts2, modded/ex. throttle k&b, turbo cut crank & head, james/oer modded 'pipe' sleeve (don't know the timing #'s, sorry), gadjetcraft pipe on a rek lower. got it set up & found needle with a tongue cut x-440, tips rounded down to 38mm. ran ok, not great, wouldn't unload enough. swapped to a VERY modded x-442, lots of backcut, ears both trimmed all along the leading edge & cut down to 37 mm. ran very well, double staged fairly easily. tried the 3857, would not launch - period! went from 1/4" above the sponsons to 1/8" below, in 1/16" increments. if it did bite, the motor fell off the pipe. tried lenghtening the pipe by 1/8", then another 1/8", no help.put it on my son's villain, basically the identical setup as mine, same results as mine, was a rocket! andy, any reason a 'sport' motor pulls this prop so well, and a piped motor doesn't seem to like it? my son tried it on his k&b, gold carb, equi 's' pipe, turbo head & crank, stock timing pipe timing sleeve, relieved on the outside for flow, stock lower - same result as me. runs great with the x-440 i tried on mine first. or, could it just be a ts2 & this prop? i know some hulls & props just won't work........

i understand what you're saying, tom, & i agree. that's why we tried it on my son's boat. stock k&b pipe timing #'s. just flow work on the outside of the sleeve. has always been a very forgiving setup. the pipe ( an old john equi ob 's' pipe) has been one of the most drivable we own. got 11, all types. normal j style & quiet pipes. the equi is the easiest to tune, imho. power comparable to a stamped irwin j pipe. i had thought it was my timing modded motor, also..............

one more note, 50% technology fuel at 842 ft. altitude. air temp at 68, pond at 53. tried rossi #7, o'donnell 88, mc 59 & os 8 plugs.

Two new props are ready.

The 5074C is a 3 blade for surface drive monos. This is a low lift prop as denoted by the suffix 'C'.

The 5077B is a 3 blade for Sport 45 Hydros and Cats. This is a medium lift prop with large

blade area. This should be a very good rough water prop on most Sport hydros.

I have added the A, B and C suffix to identify the basic lift characteristics of each prop.

'A' is highest transom lift and 'C' is the lowest lift. This does not mean all C's or all A's

will be exactly the same, but they will be in a basic range.

The list of current props follows:

3457A

3657A

3857A

3861A

4569A

4773A

4773B

5074C

5077B

5083A

I will come back to this list and make notes as to what boats these props are working well on.

The 5074C and the 5077B will be on sale for this week ending Friday for $30.

I will add some pics of these new props later today.

Well, that's actually more sleep than I got last night. I laid in the bed, went over my "Going to Atlanta Check List" a few times and Mentally Raced Boats most of the Night. :huh: :)

No Mike I don't think that was it. I think it was that UGLY PINK 20 MONO That Kept me up ALL NIGHT!!! :lol: :lol:

any reason a 'sport' motor pulls this prop so well, and a piped motor doesn't seem to like it?
K&B sport engines make lots more torque than a piped engine. I ran a full bladed ABC 40X52 3 blade on my K&B sport engine, but the mod/piped motor can hardly pull it. Just the nature of the beast, atleast on the K&B's. The OS's, totally different ball game.

~James

Back