What's This?!?!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Andy,

I was wondering if you have a list of all the props you are making yet, and current pricing? I have a .12, .21, .45 hydro / .21 mono / .45 sport boat I would really like to check out some of your new props for these applications. I did check the cmdi webpage and there is no info regarding these props.

Thank You,

Paul

My son is running a Delta Force 67 with an old CMB 45 EVO on 40% nitro.The prop we have found to suit the combo best is an AB X450/3 pitch 3, 8.

The boat has been very stable and very fast with this propeller.

Today we hooked up the AB 5083/3 prop. When I launched the boat the water was like mirror and the prop seemed too heavy, as we could not get up the revs. The roster was high (more than 12 feet) and the speed was not what I would call fast. After a couple of rounds the boat itself had made some waves and that was enough for the boat to rocket away.

I have never seen such a difference from a prop to another and this prop is the right prop for our application.

The rooster was very low (a guess would be 2 feet) and very short.

I can highly recommend this prop for the DF/CMB combo.

The boat is now superfast and super stable and my son said it was like driving a bigger boat.

What other props do you recommend for us to try Andy?
Rudi,

Thanks for the report!

That is a very interesting result. The Delta Force must be a clean running hull. Most monos can not get enough bite with that prop.

We have two other 50mm props that are geared more toward the mono. The first is the 5077B/3

It has less transom lift and a little more blade area to provide a good hook up fo the monos, cats and tunnels. The next prop is the 5074C/3. this prop has even less lift, much more blade area and progressive pitch to provide the best possible hook up fo high drag monos. This prop will also provide excellent thrust in rough water conditions.

When your weather becomes hot this Summer you may also do well with the 4773A/3 or the 4773B/3. These props will hook up just a little easier the the 5083A/3 that you have tested and be a little easier to pull when you have less horsepower due to hot weather.

Good boating,

Andy
I was out running my sons Delta force today and hooked on the two props you recommended 4773A and 4773B

The 4773 A was a ok prop, good grip, quick launch and handling, but lack off the real high top speed. It was a ok all round prop.

Switched then to 4773B prop. I was not able to get the prop to hook at all. Only cavitated. I tried too toos it, give full throttle when launching. I even try to set the boat on water as it was idling.

For this application the prop is useless.

For now I have 3 propellers that are working, X450/3 pitch 3,8" I have the 4773A prop, and then I have the 5083 being the fastest prop over the two other. Launch is equal between the Octura and the 4773A. The 5083 need a little longer time to get a grip. The 5083 is an great prop when there are choppy water, and that leaves the Octura to be the best heat racing prop.

My son is running a Delta Force 67 with an old CMB 45 EVO on 40% nitro.The prop we have found to suit the combo best is an AB X450/3 pitch 3, 8.

The boat has been very stable and very fast with this propeller.

Today we hooked up the AB 5083/3 prop. When I launched the boat the water was like mirror and the prop seemed too heavy, as we could not get up the revs. The roster was high (more than 12 feet) and the speed was not what I would call fast. After a couple of rounds the boat itself had made some waves and that was enough for the boat to rocket away.

I have never seen such a difference from a prop to another and this prop is the right prop for our application.

The rooster was very low (a guess would be 2 feet) and very short.

I can highly recommend this prop for the DF/CMB combo.

The boat is now superfast and super stable and my son said it was like driving a bigger boat.

What other props do you recommend for us to try Andy?
Rudi,

Thanks for the report!

That is a very interesting result. The Delta Force must be a clean running hull. Most monos can not get enough bite with that prop.

We have two other 50mm props that are geared more toward the mono. The first is the 5077B/3

It has less transom lift and a little more blade area to provide a good hook up fo the monos, cats and tunnels. The next prop is the 5074C/3. this prop has even less lift, much more blade area and progressive pitch to provide the best possible hook up fo high drag monos. This prop will also provide excellent thrust in rough water conditions.

When your weather becomes hot this Summer you may also do well with the 4773A/3 or the 4773B/3. These props will hook up just a little easier the the 5083A/3 that you have tested and be a little easier to pull when you have less horsepower due to hot weather.

Good boating,

Andy
I was out running my sons Delta force today and hooked on the two props you recommended 4773A and 4773B

The 4773 A was a ok prop, good grip, quick launch and handling, but lack off the real high top speed. It was a ok all round prop.

Switched then to 4773B prop. I was not able to get the prop to hook at all. Only cavitated. I tried too toos it, give full throttle when launching. I even try to set the boat on water as it was idling.

For this application the prop is useless.

For now I have 3 propellers that are working, X450/3 pitch 3,8" I have the 4773A prop, and then I have the 5083 being the fastest prop over the two other. Launch is equal between the Octura and the 4773A. The 5083 need a little longer time to get a grip. The 5083 is an great prop when there are choppy water, and that leaves the Octura to be the best heat racing prop.
Rudi,

Thanks for the report!

Sounds like the 5077B/3 may be the best prop for your set up.

The first batch of 4773B/# props are too thick on the leading edge and need to be sharpened better.

This will eliminate the cavitation.

I still think the 5077B will be the best all around 45 mono prop so far.

Time seems to be relatif.

Don't understand that some people here compains here that they must wait for some days or a few weeks on the new ordered stuff.

I have placed a grouped order (several hunderd of $) in November last year and I was happy to receive a first parcial shipment last month.

Hope to receive the remaining props (also new tooled CNC props) within a reasonable timeframe and before the summer.

I know , we are on the other site of the ocean. Could this be a reason why it takes so long? Are surprised that clients in the States can have there props within a short period. Do the follow another procedure ?

Please advice.

May I ask on CMDi ( Donna, Andy, .... ) not to forget the modelboaters from over the sea. Know that you work very hard , but please don't let us down.

Hope that you could deliver old Octura and new tooled CNC props soon.

Regards from a small country Belgium in Europe.

Jef

Don't understand that some people here compains here that they must wait for some days or a few weeks on the new ordered stuff.

I have placed a grouped order (several hunderd of $) in November last year and I was happy to receive a first parcial shipment last month.

Hope to receive the remaining props (also new tooled CNC props) within a reasonable timeframe and before the summer.

I know , we are on the other site of the ocean. Could this be a reason why it takes so long? Are surprised that clients in the States can have there props within a short period. Do the follow another procedure ?

Please advice.

May I ask on CMDi ( Donna, Andy, .... ) not to forget the modelboaters from over the sea. Know that you work very hard , but please don't let us down.

Jef
I live in Norway, and have placed more then 100 orders at CMD over the years.

The service has been superb. All my orders have been shipped within a week or so. The longest time I,v been waiting was 3 weeks, but that was a order for 3 boats.

And I,m not only live across the lake, I,m on the other side of the world

Please advice.

Jef
Jef.

As you know, your prop orders are large and often involve complex work that only I can do. There are several projects around my shop that have been waiting on my attention for 6 months or more as I try to balance my time.

I think most of your remaining order involves props that need the 1/8" hubs bored out to 4mm and of course some of the new cnc'd props which will ship together with the small 1/8" Octura props.

You are not singled out because you are across the Big Pond.

Today I just finished an engine mod. for a boater right here in Florida that has been in my shop since last year.

I even found some of Don Ferrette's props today that have there for almost a year.

I think we both forgot about them! :)

Thanks for being patient!

Good boating, :)

Andy

Please advice.

Jef
Jef.

As you know, your prop orders are large and often involve complex work that only I can do. There are several projects around my shop that have been waiting on my attention for 6 months or more as I try to balance my time.

I think most of your remaining order involves props that need the 1/8" hubs bored out to 4mm and of course some of the new cnc'd props which will ship together with the small 1/8" Octura props.

You are not singled out because you are across the Big Pond.

Today I just finished an engine mod. for a boater right here in Florida that has been in my shop since last year.

I even found some of Don Ferrette's props today that have there for almost a year.

I think we both forgot about them! :)

Thanks for being patient!

Good boating, :)

Andy
Andy, thanks any way for your answer and also sorry for my language, nothing is perfect but we try.

What would you suggest for a mono prop races. Boat is MONO II (12 NiMH 4200 IB or similar cells running 6 minutes - motor has 2000 -2400 rms /v depending on type) Boatdimensions : 60 -75cm most of the time stepped. Common used in Germany is Graupner 2318.42/45/sometimes 48.

Same question for Mono III (20 cells Ni MH 4200 IB or similar) running 6 minutes. Boat is 80-90 cm , most of the time stepped. Motor : 1400 -1700 rms/V.

Thanks for your advice and keep up the good work. Trust that we have faith and also patience.

Happy boating.

Jef.

Andy,

I finally had a chance to run a 3857/4 on my Woodstuff 28/K&B SS Sport tunnel 1 deg neg. shaft angle, center of shaft 1/8" above the bottom of the sponsons. The boat would cavitate for about 50 ft. and hook up, make about 3/4 of a lap and quit. the boat ran well with a X437/3 and a M440. I flipped my Leecraft XTR-21 in the second heat and took out my steering servo arm, so I did not have a chance to run it on my Mac.

Next time at the pond I will try it on my Leecraft/Mac, and on my PT SS21 Sport Hydro. :)

Larry Conrad

Andy,I finally had a chance to run a 3857/4 on my Woodstuff 28/K&B SS Sport tunnel 1 deg neg. shaft angle, center of shaft 1/8" above the bottom of the sponsons. The boat would cavitate for about 50 ft. and hook up, make about 3/4 of a lap and quit. the boat ran well with a X437/3 and a M440. I flipped my Leecraft XTR-21 in the second heat and took out my steering servo arm, so I did not have a chance to run it on my Mac.

Next time at the pond I will try it on my Leecraft/Mac, and on my PT SS21 Sport Hydro. :)

Larry Conrad
Hmmmmm....3/4's of a lap! Next time you go out richen up the K&B and try it again.

It's got a little too much bite, the motor must go up to use it in place of the other props you mentioned, at least that's what I've seen on my boats with it.

mb

Run Tested my SD3 45 mono with CMB45RS (stock) before had OCT X450/3 speed 60 mph and replaced use AB 5083A :eek: Oh $hit too fast can tell compare straight fast increase 5 mph and bit little drag corner decrease 3 mph Thank Info: Good Job to Andy Brown ;) B)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great news Allan. :)

I have one to try on my Mac powered Seaducer and also just built a Speedmaster with a mod Black head in it. I can't wait to try it on both.

Thanks for sharing!!

tried to run the 3857/4 on my villain this weekend, at the carolina showdown. kinda "thick" water, a little muddy. couldn't pull it..... runs good at home, cooler, clear water. i think we need a prop with a little less bite, free the motor up more, imo. hasn't been a good mod motor prop for me, has worked well on "stock"/ impba sport k&b's, until this weekend. when it works, the motor is WAAAY high, tales a while to hook. then the whole boat lifts more, but stays flatter, good running attitude. i like the way it works & runs, very stable in turns, but does load more pulling out of the turns. i think a little less prop/load would work better, in more situations for b tunnels, andy.

It's got a little too much bite, the motor must go up to use it in place of the other props you mentioned, at least that's what I've seen on my boats with it.mb
I'll raise the motor up a little, and as Andy suggested richen the mixture, and give it another whirl. The boat ran hard off buoy 3 and down the back chute, then would just quit about 30ft from buoy 4.I have a 3 day weekend coming up and the weather is supposed to be great... sunny and high 70's. I might have to build a boat rack for my Harley! :D

Larry

andy just got my 5083 prop today that prop is very nice and it cuts finger good also.cant wait to see it on the water.keep up the good work but also get time off for yourself.

Latest posts

Back