What Pipe for OS 18?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

I have been out testing in the Fall and have found the carbon square wave 12 pipe to work

Very Well at 6.5" on my 12's. If you have one check it out with a .250" stinger in the

end of the pipe. You should try a little more carb, these little motors like fuel.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

So how much propeller can this set up pull?

1614, 1616, M-440, X-442, 1445 cut down?

Let Me Know Please?

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023

ws010 cen pipe, best of all, tried them all and made some. Cen might call it a muffler, little plastic thing about 11 bucks but it really works.

mark, www.cenracing.com shows a ms010, not sure if mike meant ms, or ws..........the ms010 is a marine pipe, the only one they show.

after posting this, i tried to get a price, couldn't find one. not sure it's still available.

ws010 is the one, Robin it's the one that we always ran on Franks rigger, and had one on another boat till he lost it.

Try an OPS 3260 as the inlet tube is sized better for the under .21 engines.

I don't see them around much, I got one from Steve (tinman) Ball.

The CEN Racing pipe has some internal baffling in it.

Try an OPS 3260 as the inlet tube is sized better for the under .21 engines.

I don't see them around much, I got one from Steve (tinman) Ball.

The CEN Racing pipe has some internal baffling in it.
yes it has an internal baffle, and leave it there. Run it short, seam at the joint of the cones at the belt groove on the flywheel.

The CEN Racing pipe. CEN offered a .16 and an .18 in their boats, nice little motors once they're broke in.

Grey Thunder.jpg

Boaters,

If anyone has a Cen Racing Pipe they would like to sell let me know?

I have tried calling them and about four of there dealers and none have

any idea of the pipe that we are talking about?

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023

Email is: [email protected]

Rodney,

I understand the web site, but don't you think it is weird that four of their dealers

Know nothing about this product?

Interesting,

Mark Sholund

Call Frank Sechrest, see if you can try his. Someome lost the last one I had. Watch ebay, they pop up now and then when hobby shops clean out old stock. Got some from a hobby shop in Vegas one time.

OK I checked with my local hobby shop that handles CEN racing products and he can buy direct from CEN Racing and get the pipes for $12.00 plus $5.00 shipping. I'm going to get one just to see if they have any kick to them.

Ron

Ronnie,

Buy a couple and sell me one.

I would like to test it also.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I have the same exact boat. I use a Mac pipe, 3.5cc high nitro. Glenn Quarles told me to cut it short. 2 1/2 inches from glow plug to cone of pipe. Works great a this length. Engine tunes and launches great. I still have the air cooled head on it with all the fins but 3 cut off. Runs great.
ok guys ... with that pipe length , what % nitro are you running , what plugs are running well , and what props can it turn, in a jae 12?

many thanks

jason

Jason,

Have you been reading the three pages on the subject?

Nitro % that runs well for me is 66% to 70%.

Pipe length 6.5" or less

O'Donnell plugs T-77's for me.

Propellers have been Octura 1640's and 1938's recently.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Back