what kind of tuned pipe?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba

Hey guys!!

Sence its almost Cristmas time im asking for a .21 tuned pipe, but i dont know which brand to get. I was looking at my tank and one line goes to the engine. I think the other hooks onto some gas tubing and then is connected to the side of the tuned pipe to presherize the gas tank.If so, i haven't seen a presher valve on the mac or prather tuned pipes.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

You need to buy a nipple with threads on it to screw into the tuned pipe. Drill and tap the appropriate sized hole either at the widest point on the tuned pipe, or within a quarter inch in front of the widest point, screw the nipple into it (add Loc-Tite), and you are all set. This supplies the pressure to your fuel tank for consistant carb settings. Hope this helps!

hey bubba..... get a quiet pipe! it is the responsible thing to do.... you wont really loose any speed..... and it can save you fuel. I recommend the mac quiet pipe..... not mac products but the andy brown mac quiet pipe. i use it and it works great. www.cmdracing.com quiet pipes are required by impba and namba now to be legal (or an attempt to quiet a loud pipe).

tom

Thanks alot guys ;D

Oh and Tom my rigger is almost to completion. I will try to send in some pictures as soon as posible!!!

LOL: Matt

I looked all over for a nipple to put in the mac tuned pipe, but cant find one anywhere :-[ please tell me if yall know of a site that sells them.

Matt

Back