what happens if you mix 40% and 20% nitros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrotoys

Tougher?? I have always wondered about this.

Do you get 60% or 30%.

Anyone know???

Nitrotoys,

You will get 30% Max. The deal with nitro fuels

is freshness.

Thanks,

Mark :D

Actually you do not get 30% if you mix equal amounts of 40% and 20%.

It is a simple formula of PN = 1 / ((1 / N1) + (1 / N2)). PN= % nitro

The reason for this is that the nitro % is by volume. If 20% of 1 gallon is nitro, that makes 80 % oil and methanol.

In 40 % fuel, 60 % is methanol and oil. You can see that by mixing the 2 fuels, you will not end up with a true mix of 30%

I am not looking to run on a mix, I have a few quarts of mix match stuff laying around, and just wanted to know what the % falls to.

I have some 25% Sig, 30% thunder, and alittle of 40 maxi left in the gal, was just going to mix tougher and run in the nirto truck engine to burn it up.

I tried a few differenet fuels and found Maxi the best, Cool Power 40% seems good the boats too.

If the diferent brands have diferent oills then don't mix together the diferent oills may not be compatabel

Boaters,

You will still have 30% if you are mixing a gallon of

each together.The Math:128 ozs.= Gallon

30% fuel - 38.40 ozs.nitro

40% fuel- 51.20 ozs.nitro

20% fuel-25.60 ozs.nitro

If you add the 20% and the 40% you will have 76.80

ozs. divide that by two = 38.40 ozs.= 30%

It's just easy math.

Thanks,

Mark :D

Buy a new bottle of fuel and throw the old stuff in your car. It shouldn't hurt it.

:D

On second thought.......

Go ahead and do it, then tell us how it worked out.

Good luck

I tried it in my car, It made a pinging noise.

Never noticed it before the nitro was added, I know nitro and gas dont mix ;D ;D ;D

No wonder why i failed math, Will just toss it and not worry about "saving it" to use up.

Does any one know WHERE YOU REALLY DISPOSE OF IT??

Old fuel works great for killing those pesty weeds that come up between the bricks in your pathway. They will be gone in an hour and probably stay away for a few years. If the EPA is scanning this... :p

Hammer

Old fuel works great for killing those pesty weeds that come up between the bricks in your pathway. They will be gone in an hour and probably stay away for a few years. If the EPA is scanning this... :p

Hammer
really?? hummm....

So old Blue Thunder is better than Round up???

I cracked up about it burning down a brush pile fast.

I bet it would.

NC is right.

A friends boat leaked unburnt fuel on my interlocking brick last year...and you can still see it.

I'm sure I could use 'absorb-all' or sawdust to get it out....but...I'd recommend avoiding it altogether.

btw: The answer is 30%

: :)

hmmm, calculation of percentage does not seem to be clear for everybody...

Maybe some used to dream of their future racing boats only in school ???

By the way, 30% is the right answer - if you mix equal quantities of 20% and 40% fuel :D

I wouldn't recommend to mix any fuels together.

But I think we are living for racing and not for the maths... ;D

Regards

Robert

Back