What fuel are you have good success with?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't use it if I can't find it.. I can find Nitro Propane, Prop, Oxide, Nitro Methane, etc. etc. Seems no one has Ethylene Oxide maybe medical grade gas supplier?

The best fuel formula I have evre used is 80% nitro, 12% ethylene oxide, 8% oil. It needles like 30% nitro, runs in any size engine, in any weather above 60 deg F. Try it, you will be very surprized!

Jim Allen
Mr. Allen if I try it in my CMB stock motors will I be surprised?
I have tested it in stock motors from .21 to 1.00 cu in. You will get a surprise.
Where do you get the ethylene oxide? I know where to get all sorts of other stuff like Prope and etc. but that one has me lost.

Do you have to store it in a cooler? AND do you mix it before a run or when you initally mix a jug for the weekend?
I purchased ethylene oxide from the following chemical suppliers: Eastman Kodak, Fisher Scientific, Acros Organic Chemicals. All chemicals that can be classified as liquid mono-propellants, should be refrigerated. This would include Nitromethane, Proplylene Oxide, Ethylene Oxide, Hydrogen Peroxide, Hydrazine, etc.

Ethylene Oxide is a colorless gas with a sweet odor above 34 degrees F. Below 34 degrees it is a colorless liquid. Ethylene Oxide will polymerize when exposed to repeated high & low temperatures. It is misible in all proportions with water, alcohol, ether & most organic solvents. It is used as a fumigant in agricultural products; as a sterilizing agent for food, cosmetics, medical devices that connot be sterilized by steam; & in Ethylene Glycol.

It is mixed in the fuel during the initial mixing, & remains stable, without loss of potency when stored properly.

Jim Allen

The best fuel formula I have evre used is 80% nitro, 12% ethylene oxide, 8% oil. It needles like 30% nitro, runs in any size engine, in any weather above 60 deg F. Try it, you will be very surprized!

Jim Allen
Mr. Allen if I try it in my CMB stock motors will I be surprised?
I have tested it in stock motors from .21 to 1.00 cu in. You will get a surprise.

SURPRISE!!

LOL!!! You mean one big hole in the center of the piston.
There have been holes put in many pistons while using 50% nitro that my friend Tom Foley has been able to repair. I wonder what caused this to happen? Was this caused by very poor transfer geometry combined with a flat top piston? Was the engine over compressed or over leaned? Was the engine user a "pig that couldn't be taught to sing"? Do pistons that are used for high nitro purposes need a reinforcing web beneth their crowns such as the type used by airplane speed flyers (Frank Garzone)? When I used this stuff during dyno pulls that lasted for 2.5 to 3 minutes at WOT, I never holed a piston or even burned a glow plug.

The oil used was 2/3 synthetic (many different types) & 1/3 Blendsoll Racing Castor.

Jim Allen
i have a question. have you heat raced a 101 or a big block motor using the fuel blend stated you use ?? one thing is doing the test in a dyno an another is to actually putting it in a race. from what i see your a great innovator in this hobby and you definitely know more than i do. if everyone is putting holes on a piston using 50% i can imagine the damage using your formula..

"i have a question. have you heat raced a 101 or a big block motor using the fuel blend stated you use ?? one thing is doing the test in a dyno an another is to actually putting it in a race. from what i see your a great innovator in this hobby and you definitely know more than i do. if everyone is putting holes on a piston using 50% i can imagine the damage using your formula.."

The last time I checked a heat race does not last longer than even 2 minutes. Straight away running is only for a few seconds, so whats the point here. I have done both using this fuel formula & set records with big block engines. Any fuel if used improperly can damage the engine. After all, the fuel does not have a brain, does it?

Jim Allen

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back