What a day with my twin.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting to find out how I can get faster times with a slower boat............
Larry Jr. :rolleyes:
Its simple

You race at 100 miles in lane 20, while I,m racing at 80 miles in lane 1. Who do you think will finish first?
Well let's see, if a lane is 2-3 feet wide that would be 40 to 60 feet off the buoys, I don't think so. :blink:

So Rudi are you assuming for some rather bizarre reason all US racers run in lane 20? If so you are sadly mistaken. :rolleyes:

Heck, a number of sites we race at lane 20 would be on the bank. :eek:
Maybe Andy Brown could give some comments, as he knows what I am talking about. He has been racing several times at the world championship and he did not became champion one year because he was racing so much faster then all others.
No comments from Andy are needed. Or do you think just because Andy ran in lane 20 one time everyone here does? Again, you make a bizarre assumption. Come on over, I'm sure there are plenty of us stateside more than willing to enlighten you. B)

Still waiting to find out how I can get faster times with a slower boat............
Larry Jr. :rolleyes:
Its simple

You race at 100 miles in lane 20, while I,m racing at 80 miles in lane 1. Who do you think will finish first?
Well let's see, if a lane is 2-3 feet wide that would be 40 to 60 feet off the buoys, I don't think so. :blink:

So Rudi are you assuming for some rather bizarre reason all US racers run in lane 20? If so you are sadly mistaken. :rolleyes:

Heck, a number of sites we race at lane 20 would be on the bank. :eek:
Maybe Andy Brown could give some comments, as he knows what I am talking about. He has been racing several times at the world championship and he did not became champion one year because he was racing so much faster then all others.
No comments from Andy are needed. Or do you think just because Andy ran in lane 20 one time everyone here does? Again, you make a bizarre assumption. Come on over, I'm sure there are plenty of us stateside more than willing to enlighten you. B)
First Iwould like to say that I dont mean to insult anybody.Second is I never said Andy drove in lane 20.

I said Andy might come with comments as he has been in Europe and competed and have seen the way we race.

From what I, seen on film from races in US most racers are going very fast, but very few hits the startflash as we do in europe. In most races here it seems like it is the first boat over the start line that makes the flash go off, and within 2 seconds the rest off the boats are crossing the same line.

It is seldom there are any DNF in our heats, while to me it looks opposite in us

This topic has now become very "off topic"

Last edited by a moderator:
At the Naviga races I have attended lane # 9 is occupied by the 'Pontoon' AKA the 'drivers stand' and they run 8 boat heats.

The Pontoon (a floating dock) is out in the lake.

The driver's feet are precisely 18" above and 48" back from the edge of the pontoon.

With 50' from the Pontoon to the clock there is only 6.2 ft. per lane availible for the start.

...and yes the first time I raced Naviga I ate a lot of roostertail until I learned how to "drive" these starts where

everyone was 'on time'.

It is rather nerve wracking to race 90 hydros when they are passing your body, literally within 7 ft.

The Naviga course structure was born out of a Vee racing class that at the time probably did not exceed 35 mph.

Now with the same structure is being used for 80 mph boats it is very dangerous to say the least.

First Iwould like to say that I dont mean to insult anybody.Second is I never said Andy drove in lane 20.

I said Andy might come with comments as he has been in Europe and competed and have seen the way we race.

From what I, seen on film from races in US most racers are going very fast, but very few hits the startflash as we do in europe. In most races here it seems like it is the first boat over the start line that makes the flash go off, and within 2 seconds the rest off the boats are crossing the same line.

It is seldom there are any DNF in our heats, while to me it looks opposite in us

This topic has now become very "off topic"

Rudi, Im sorry, but you are grossly out of line by going by what you see on "film." I havent seen any of your film, cause honestly, I dont care. You can tell me all you want that you guys in Europe all hit the startflash all the time. Im sure it is much easier to hit with slower boats. Now, for you to say that we jump or miss the start all the time because you saw it on film is really ignorant. But hey, if your a person who generalized everything because you saw something on film a few times, then fine, go with that. You would feel out of place racing against us as Andy did when he raced out there. Hell, racing is different in every district here in the states. So you say we are bad drivers, and you guys are perfect drivers. If thats your reasoning for running better times, Bravo. So if you could have a boat 10mph faster you wouldnt take it cause you dont need it then, cause your such a better driver. Well guess what, out here, youll just get outrun... I guess I need to post some "film" of a submarine launch, so everyone thinks us Americans dont know how to throw our boats in the water too........

Larry Jr.

"It is seldom there are any DNF in our heats, while to me it looks opposite in us"

Nice video, only three came back running. :rolleyes:

So it just goes to show you sxxt happens on either side of the pond, too bad Rudi hasn't seen some of the races I've seen or been a part of. Like 6 twins hitting the line in a pack start, that'll get your heart pounding. :D

You're welcome anytime to come over & race with us Rudi, you might just come away somewhat "enlightened". ;)

Rudi, you have been racing 2 -3 races in the last 10 years. You traveld to the WC 2004 and i think you reach the finnish line 1 time out of 4 qualik heats.

I personal dont think you should try to learn other people how to race.

You should try to race more and talk less.

There is a lot of fast boaters that realy now how to drive in the USA and other contry.

Kjell Gunnar Noddeland

8 times World Champion with Eagle SG(X)(one) \ CMB \ CMDI props

hey larry that was a couple good heats with the twin and chris on sunday huh? thats one nice road runner you have

Well, I think Kjell is very kind now, because the way I remember it was one time to finish line out of 8.... :D

As I like to say; Let the results speak for them selves:

http://www.nmsbf.org/html/heat_racing/heat...c_2004_h21.html

http://www.nmsbf.org/html/heat_racing/heat...c_2004_h45.html

http://www.nmsbf.org/html/heat_racing/heat...c_2004_h90.html

Well, after this years world champs I really felt what it is like.... I never reach the finish line with my 15 hydro either....

Driving more than 4000 kilometers without passing the finishline one single time in hydro 15... Thats an experience... and a lesson... :D

Yes I`ve been to US one time for racing, and I would love to come over again on a race.

There was nothing wrong with the course I raced on, not at all. Even the beer had a perfect temperature :D

They were a little bit more noisy from what I`m used to, but I get used to after two or three heats anyway. Only problem I had was

that I could not hear my own boat. Not at all :D

Rudi, you have been racing 2 -3 races in the last 10 years. You traveld to the WC 2004 and i think you reach the finnish line 1 time out of 4 qualik heats.I personal dont think you should try to learn other people how to race.

There is a lot of fast boaters that realy now how to drive in the USA and other contry.

Kjell Gunnar Noddeland

Kjell, you & Tore need to come back for a visit stateside and hang with us again. B)

Rudi, you have been racing 2 -3 races in the last 10 years. You traveld to the WC 2004 and i think you reach the finnish line 1 time out of 4 qualik heats.I personal dont think you should try to learn other people how to race.

Kjell Gunnar Noddeland

Kjell, you & Tore need to come back for a visit stateside and hang with us again. B)

First I must say I am very sorry if somebody has been insulted, that was not my intention.

I have not been to US and I might be wrong in everything I say.

I only like to correct one thing: Rudi, you have been racing 2 -3 races in the last 10 years is incorrect as I did almost every round in the Norwegian league for several years.

What Jørn writes is correct. I ended up way down on the result list from Slovenia, but so did others also, in fact they have not any higher score then I have.(I didn't race 3,5 in Slovenia)

Some here wrote that I must come and race in US, I will next year. We are 4 Norwegian and 1 Swedish coming over to race the Internats. I am very found off multi engine boats and intend to enter the multi engine class. I know I properly will end up as the person on the bottom off the result list, but my reason for traveling to US is only for having fun. I have never raced my twins in any competition so I hope to learn allot.

being a european . (with the real euro etc etc ) i can say i was very impressed with the way the USA guys race . i was in Celina 2007 gasnats and had the change to met some of the guns there. . even Don Ferrette was there . man we had a blast and there is in NO way a lane 9 ore wider racing .. most of the time it was the battle of the bouys .. Rudi i dont know anything about you .. same as your racing talent .. but i do know that these guys know their thing . to tell you the truth they are even better at bench racing . one small down side. . MAN what are those gasboats loud over there ! lol i know there is some video footage from the open hydro class where a nitro rigger , an electo rigger and a few gas riggers were fighting the final .. man that was a race .. non of them were going in lane 9 all in lane 1 and 2 ... WOW ..

Jeroen

hey larry that was a couple good heats with the twin and chris on sunday huh? thats one nice road runner you have

Thanks Steve!!!! Ill need all the speed I can get to keep up with that Crappshooter your son has. Its too **** fast!!!! Yes, good heats!! Wish we would have made if through that first corner clean in the last heat. Put on a show for the spectators. Fun running Chris! Im just happy we had 10 boats in the class. I wish we had e/f at every race.

Larry Jr.

Steve, of course my twin is running good. I had this guy in Iowa work on them motors...... ;)

Some here wrote that I must come and race in US, I will next year. We are 4 Norwegian and 1 Swedish coming over to race the Internats. I am very found off multi engine boats and intend to enter the multi engine class. I know I properly will end up as the person on the bottom off the result list, but my reason for traveling to US is only for having fun. I have never raced my twins in any competition so I hope to learn allot.

We would love to have you Rudi!!!!!

Larry Jr.

Thanks Steve!!!! Ill need all the speed I can get to keep up with that Crappshooter your son has. Its too **** fast!!!! Yes, good heats!! Wish we would have made if through that first corner clean in the last heat. Put on a show for the spectators. Fun running Chris! Im just happy we had 10 boats in the class. I wish we had e/f at every race.

Larry Jr.

Steve, of course my twin is running good. I had this guy in Iowa work on them motors...... ;)
hey larry how did my 50 dollar eagle stack agianst that twin of yours...lol , if id had a better first heat i might have been knocking on chris's door a bit.... man i just woke up what a cool dream..lol , we will always be back to mendota..what a nice place and great people, had a blast and am already looking forward to next year..thanks

terry

Latest posts

Back