WCRA Boaters ...MIA !

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Riek

West Coast Racing Association Boaters, Where are all of you? August 7th WCRA race is now the third in a row to be canceled due to lack of interest. As of tonight, we have a total of 4 entries. Earlier this year, everyone was complaining when it looked like we wouldn't be having these races. Commitments were made and now there is no one to be found. The Brandon Model Boaters are ready to put on these races, but with four entries, it ain't going to happen.

How about it?

Don Riek

President

Brandon Model Boaters

Don Riek said:
West Coast Racing Association Boaters, Where are all of you? August 7th WCRA race is now the third in a row to be canceled due to lack of interest. As of tonight, we have a total of 4 entries. Earlier this year, everyone was complaining when it looked like we wouldn't be having these races. Commitments were made and now there is no one to be found. The Brandon Model Boaters are ready to put on these races, but with four entries, it ain't going to happen.How about it?

Don Riek

President

Brandon Model Boaters

109018[/snapback]

This is just wonderful NOT!. I know exactly what you mean. I heard a bunch of folks complaining that there were not enough one day events in our districts also, now where are they?

Don

I am down in Naples, I would come up for a 1 day race

We never knew about them.

Mike

Don,

A good thing to do is put a race schedule in the Races and Results Forum here

on I/W, so people are aware of your race and schedule. :D

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

I really enjoy the one day races. There relaxed and a little slower pace than the two day events. Its a good way for someone that is thinking of racing to get started. Good way to dial boats in for the two day events also.The link below is the schedule.

Rod H.

http://members.aol.com/NAMBADist3/

acaptn said:
I really enjoy the one day races. There relaxed and a little slower pace than the two day events. Its a good way for someone that is thinking of racing to get started. Good way to dial boats in for the two day events also.The link below is the schedule. Rod H.

http://members.aol.com/NAMBADist3/

109137[/snapback]

Good Job Rod!!.... Maybe we all should look at promotion. ???? Get the word on all the sites and with the local hobby folks.

I tried to open the site, but it didn't load. where are the one day races held, are they on saturday, and how far is it from ft lauderdale? thx

ah, ok, you hold the one day races at 4 different venues. I can make the sarasota races next season, if they're on saturdays :) . possibly brandon and orlando this year

Last edited by a moderator:
The Aug. 7th WCRA race is officially canceled due to lack of entries.

Thanks all for your response and suggestions. The race schedule is posted on the WCRA website maintained by Ron Byrd. There is a link to this site on NAMBA District III website.

Mark, future race schedules will be placed on International Waters to help those not aware of the WCRA racing season.

Clay, best check with us on the Sept 11th race when it gets closer to see if this happens.

Eric and Heartbeat, sorry you weren't aware of WCRA, see my note for Mark!

Norm, good thoughts.

Let's get things turned around and get racing!! Don

Back