water in engine... any tips?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moontz

so what is the best practice when your engine takes on water. had a rigger flip was running without cowl and took on a bit of water. i spun the motor with the starter and pumped the water out. but now what?

now you throw it back in the water and go again, one of my riggers fills with water ever time it dies i pull the plug out, turn it over with starter and go again!

now you throw it back in the water and go again, one of my riggers fills with water ever time it dies i pull the plug out, turn it over with starter and go again!
Empty the water by taking out the glow plug and spin the engine over untill no water comes out, leave the fuel line connected so the engine has some lubercation(Spelling) put the plug back in Fill with fuel and fire it and your set to go....

Walt Barney

WHENEVER you are upside down. Dump ALL the fuel and put in new. If you plan on running again blow the engine out and flush with fresh fuel. Open radio box and make sure there is no water in there.

WHENEVER you are upside down. Dump ALL the fuel and put in new. If you plan on running again blow the engine out and flush with fresh fuel. Open radio box and make sure there is no water in there.

I generally don't dump all the fuel and put in new. Water rarely gets into the setups that run pressure (mainly Nitro). Can get expensive dumping fuel every time boat flips.

Not that its a bad idea I just never do it and never had a problem.

Robert

Back