VS-1 Photos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

After all the haggling we got it done. This is as good as any Pro Built Villian.but hey Russ and Grim knew how to get it right. Pic dont do this boat justice its nicer than the pics. This boat deserves its own thread. Soon The VS-1 will gain control of the B-Sport Tunnel class. And its good enough for a first time user..................I LOVE IT can you tell............

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what would be nice.... If we could do intlwaters.com official product reviews..... now we just need a boat :p

Wow,

Nice job guys!!!!

I was wondering how close to the origional it would be.

I'm impressed!!!!

Overhangs on sponsons too.

Thanks Mike and Russ, we can't wait. :)

Wow,Nice job guys!!!!

I'm impressed!!!!

the stumble blocks look like they are from the TS2..........That is what I have on my Villain and they work very well. Great Job Mike and Russ..........thanks for all the hard work. ;)

Pics from hands of customer show the true, look AWESOME Great Job Aquacraft Guys, now i hope mine anxious

with a little desperation... ;)

Wow,Nice job guys!!!!

I'm impressed!!!!

the stumble blocks look like they are from the TS2..........That is what I have on my Villain and they work very well. Great Job Mike and Russ..........thanks for all the hard work. ;)
i had to shorten up the front/'blunt' the angle some on my villain. the stock ts2 stumble blocks placed the added support too far back, hooked & spun. fr. edge of pad even with leading edge of deck. cut the front steeper, moved the contact further foward. MUCH BETTER! imitated the stock/abs pads on my sons villain........

mikey, looks great in your pics. plus, for someone as into scales as you to heap praise on the build, is a great vote for the new vs1!!!!!!!!! i'm happy with my original, as is travis his, but it's sure nice to know a GOOD replacement is available. that is the only issue with original, used/built villains. they are entirely dependent on the modeler's skills/build quality. i sure hope mike & russ keep a better eye on the quality control than K&B :eek: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, i hope this is a source of consistent hulls. thanx again to all of the AQ team.

The stumle blocks are the same shape as the orignal Villain S1 blocks. Just made of wood.

Grim

Mikey,
u won that vs1 from internats?

jul
Lets just say it was a present from Russ and Mike for doing some legwork on the Nats. BUT i haggled the boys to build this boat for a long time. I never let up just ask them. When i wrecked my Villian in June Russ pulled me aside and told me there was some very good news coming.These guy make a living doing what they love,playing with for lack of a better word TOY BOATS. Oh and throw in a heli and a plane or two. My delimma now is do i strip my old boat or buy a OS21xm and do a second boat.

Mikey; doing "some" leg work? How about A LOT of leg work for us! Plus the constant push from you and everybody that sent the "suggestion" emails for the "VS1".

Thanks all, glad everybody is liking what they are seeing. As Grim has said, this is only the beginning for what we want to do. Takes time because we have so many segments in the marine market to do (entry electric and nitro, FE, gas, scale, accessories, race) doing the racing stuff is our favorite, just cannot be the priority all the time......

Thanks,

Rw

Lets just say it was a present from Russ and Mike for doing some legwork on the Nats. BUT i haggled the boys to build this boat for a long time. I never let up just ask them. When i wrecked my Villian in June Russ pulled me aside and told me there was some very good news coming.These guy make a living doing what they love,playing with for lack of a better word TOY BOATS. Oh and throw in a heli and a plane or two. My delimma now is do i strip my old boat or buy a OS21xm and do a second boat.

Grim and Russ-

What coating material is used to finish the wood on the VS-1?

Need to know so that I can use something compatible when performing mods/repairs...

Urrrr..... Come on Tower... Get those BackOrders processed!!! :D
Can't WAIT! B)

Tower just changed " Mid August" to "Early October". Grrrr..... :angry:

GRRRRRR is right! I was hoping to get mine on the water for a race or two this season... OH Well... sometimes good things are worth waiting for...

Any other places out there than anyone knows of where a guy can get one a bit earlier, or is Tower the first line of attack for these products??

Urrrr..... Come on Tower... Get those BackOrders processed!!! :D
Can't WAIT! B)

Tower just changed " Mid August" to "Early October". Grrrr..... :angry:

GRRRRRR is right! I was hoping to get mine on the water for a race or two this season... OH Well... sometimes good things are worth waiting for...

Any other places out there than anyone knows of where a guy can get one a bit earlier, or is Tower the first line of attack for these products??
Time for a little sluething.... :ph34r:

Sorry about the delay..

Question? has anybody here built the old kit?

If so I might be able let you in on the delay.. if you built the kit you would understand.. if not.. does not mean diddly.

ROCK ON RACERS

Grim

Ummm... Ive built six of them. What can you tell us? (patiently rapping my fingers on the desk each day while looking at the stock status on Tower. :) :) )

~James

Back