Vision 20 + OS motor set-up tips

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be a silly thing to ask, would painting the hull be a part of the problem? Not sure how much weight it would add but thought I would ask.

Just dont blueprint the sponson bottoms if u want to go faster than 60mph ;)

I am also thinking maybe fuel system Tim.

Weight is your friend sometimes Wayne, that's what I am telling myself at the moment anyway!

Underside hasn't been touched at all, not even scuffed. I tried a few things yesterday to try and get an idea if it was fuel system, but am still none the wiser. From here I either fit my os, or change the pto in the engine on my htb so I can fit that to the Vision, with known pipe and prop. Would prefer to keep the htb together though.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be a long shot but the flex cable isn't too long is it? Is the flex cable and teflon liner OK?

I hate chasing these types of problems.

I'll try scuffing it next time out. Was told not to touch the underside at all previously, but I have to try something.....

Always scuff. Use 400 grit backed with a wooden block running for and aft.

a LONG flat block, tim.
I don't like to warn twice Robin ;)

maybe you are just speed limited Tim? ;)

Just ask Gino what he did with his...

Do any of the motor and pipe combos work fine on the HTB?

a LONG flat block, tim.
I don't like to warn twice Robin ;)

maybe you are just speed limited Tim? ;)

Just ask Gino what he did with his...

Do any of the motor and pipe combos work fine on the HTB?
Wasn't speed limited at the nationals Kris..... :p

Different PTO to suit the K&B 7.5 leg. Would have to do some mixing and matching.

Tim,

I would not scuff the bottom these boats they are perfect right out of the box, I own 2 and have never touched the bottoms and they BOTH run like a DREAM!! To scuff or not to scuff you will get many opinions. I think your issue is setup and prop IMHO.

Beau

IMO, I always use a 3M Scothbright pad to lightly scuff. Any bottom of all my hulls. Less drag.

Tim, Hate to see ya struggle buddy...........

Did have one idea thou,check your servo horn for stripping on the shaft splines.

I had one drove me nutz till I found it. Sometimes I had WOT, Other times I didnt.

Good Luck Man,

Gene

Back