V2 trials/Splintered....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL....I just remembered, have you seen the video of the 'brain surgeon' that put a jet engine in an old Lincoln and launched it off a ramp? Somewhere around 250 MPH all the sheet metal started peeling off the body. I can imagine V2 doing the same thing!

I realize that this may be in really bad taste, but...did ja get it on tape?! :eek:

Yeah I remember something like that, the one that gets me is General Electric's new commercial for clean burning engines, they put a turbofan on the Wright bros airplane, yep that'll do the trick Vern!!!! :D

Nope, got a few pics of the leftovers from Saturday,

thats it :- I'll have them up before too long,

Gene ;D

Gene,

Ouch! Bad luck! But I think you may have found the lower limit for strength vs weight! : :)

Reminds me a bit of something I was told when I was messing around with RC planes many years ago. "If ya dont want to crash 'em, dont build 'em!" :-

I also remmeber reading that Glenn Quarles destroyed a few SAW boats, so you are in good company!

Good luck with V3 8)

Ian.

Gene,

You have scared me - I was gonna run the SG in 2 weeks but now I aint so sure - the last time you turned one into splinters I did too within a week or 2. : :)

Have you and Mike started to discus what changes you will make to V3 to get past the 64mph barrier?

Beware the mobile speedbumps..... Turtles suck!

BEWARE, i had jinxed Gene...Sorry mate!!!

You said something about the motor running when it hit the water, what damage can this do...is there anything i should do if this happens to me?

R.I.P. V2

Kris

Hey morning everyone :D

Ian,

Very true, SAW hulls are purpose built and ya cant get to fond of them cause they have a limited life fer sure!!!

Best you can do is make some changes build another one and go for it again.

Tim,

Yeah, thought I had better warn ya :eek:

Nah, you go get em buddy, we gotta break this streak of splinterin boats, OOPS I said break ;)

Grim and I talked last nite about the changes we thought might take it out the top, we are still in the planing stage so far.

Kris, No jinx mate, thats just the way it is if you run SAW very long, if ya dont break something your not goin fast enough.

As far as dunkin a outboard, just try to get it shutdown to idle before it goes under, Ya might bend a rod if sucks in too much.

The V2 was a design to see if the Villain series could get the speed and remain stabile enough for a record run. We took it from planning to first run in about 90 days, so that's something just by itself, and it did come VERY close, within 3 mph, So the V3 will take what we learned from this and be the actual record attempt hull.

Gene ;D

Gener and gang

We did learn a ton about SAW design durring the short life of the S2. We will be back to try again but the summers work load is high. When we have a new boat to begin again the I waters gang will be the first to know.

Gener

When you have had a chance to look back at the things we missed and the changes you have in mind for V2-2, we will bang heads and brain storm the changes nessary to go well beond the record mark. As you know we will not give up. Also thanks for adding so much fun to the hobby.

Grim

Latest posts

Back