V2 trials/Splintered....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Mikie we have created a MONSTER!!!!!!

I can say is its TOUCHY at speed, had the rates rolled way back on the Tx. I will verify a two way average after I tweek it some and get a couple more runs in.

We did our homework this time!!!!

Gene ;D

Re:V2 first run.......

Geneo!

It was that hi-speed motor mount I sent you that gives you all that performance!

Later!

Ed

Re:V2 first run.......

Hey Guy's

Ed,

Yeah Dude!!! We'll call it our "Top Secret" Racing Mount ;)

Tim,

That flywheel is a excellent piece of machine work fer sure!!!

Might be on the before dark thing, I know it had my knees knockin!!! :eek:

He,He

Gene ;D

Re:V2 first run...

yeahhhhh hawwww cant wait to see some pictures of it running at full speed Gener...especially what it looks like when it breaks that record speed ;)

Does it run loose in the straight or sit nice? do you think it looks faster than your previous Villain already?

Kris

Hey Kris,

Yeah its faster than my other one, I run my hulls a little loose, but it has good manners down the chute, just have to watch my steering rates till I am used to it. I got a few things that I want to try out, going to try to run it some more next week if the weather hold's, Its a jawdropper when ya nail it fer sure!!!! ;)

Gene ;D

You have a real fine way with words Waterbug ;D Butt Pucker?

Phew! What is the antonym for Butt Pucker?

Hammer

Re:V2 first run/ prop pics......

The H-4:

h4b.jpg

Ta get one of these beauts fer yerself, just get with

Mark Sholund @ PROPS-4-U

Dia reduced to fit K@B 3.5 lower,

Gene ;D

Gene

That prop looks like it would move some water !!! but not all 3.5's can turn it ?? That needs lots of horsepower, is that the Rossi Grimm did ??

Hammer if you were in the boat , scaled down of course, running the scale speed it does, you would know first hand about " Butt Pucker " !!! I can't tell you the antonym for BP, I'm on then ice now !!!! ;D

I've experienced it in Drag Racing , Karts, and in the planes you just about drop the transmitter you're knees are knocking and you're scared to move the sticks, in the cars and karts it acts like a suction to hold your butt in the seat !!!!

IT TAKES A BIG BITE OUT OF THE SEAT !!! he he he he!!!

IT HAS TEETH !!!!!!!

SORRY HAMMERMOM !!

Yep that is correct, its rated as a .21 hydro prop.

Gene ;D

I was looking at those props too ,but I don't have anything with enough power to turn it !!!! I don't think my mod KB will stand it !!!! I'll have to get Mike to give me some horses under my hood instead of KB MULES !!!! ;D

Re:V2 Speed trials.....

Ran it Saturday and today, its dialed in and we are down to shavin those last few mph. Got a little cuppin ta do, and maybe mess about with the trim some, but Im close. I'm gonna take a pic of the hull and outboard just in case, cause I am really pushin it now. Next run with the Stalker radar will be end of next week weather permitting.

Stay tuned!!!!

Gene ;D

Record ta beat is:

3.504 sec. @ 64.212 mph

Current setup:

CG 34 %

Trim 0 deg.

Prop H-4, cupped out 3.2

Pipe Rossi, set up short

AOA .75 deg.

Strakes added

3 oz. added to sponson tips

Gene,

What fuel / plug / head clearance are you running? Any idea of the Compression ratio? If you are down to shaving tenths this might be the area to look. Also, is the prop completely letting the motor rev out on the pipe? More cup may not be the answer........

Tim.

Yeah the engine is screamin on the pipe, its set up short, was thinkin more cup to focus the tail down a bit.

I will check the engine specs,

Gene ;D

Gener

Lets keep working with that prop. I have a feeling that we can get much more out of the motor. If you like send the power head to me and i will get more numbers and make light changes. I have some ideas.

P.S. I have two quarts of Prope laying around...muh hahaha

Grim

Hey Grim,

Still wanna try a few things with this prop, Im soooo close. The Nova is howlin at the moon, needle is stabile every run and its not poppin plugs.

I will know more after this weekend ;)

Gene ;D

Latest posts

Back