"V" shaped mono tank?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever have to siphon gas from a car? What happens if you raise the hose to the level of the tank? Now, think about that and re-read two posts up. ;)

Terry,

Even if the hopper tank stays completly full, when the main tank level lowers, fuel must be pulled "uphill" from the main tank into the hopper tank to replace what the carb just sucked out of the hopper tank.

As Jon said, the hopper tank is just like a fat place in the fuel line.

Terry,

It's time for you to do some proof work. Get two big gradutated cylinders, some lengths of fuel line and a stop watch.

We'll be waiting for your report. :)

Terry,

The liquid head delivered to the motor is the difference in liquid level (height) between where the fuel is coming from (the main tank) and the liquid height where the fuel is being delivered to, the carb nipple. The stuff in between like a hopper tank doesn't affect the liquid head being delivered. Andy's experiment will show that whatever is in between doesn't impact the liquid head delivered, unless the line is not liquid full.

Charles

After doing some more research I've discovered my thinking about the "complete" system was wrong, it can't be treated like two separate tanks like our Euro friends and their float chambers. Thanks for helping to exercise my noodle guys, again this place is a great "think tank". Here's some more info from the heli crowd:

http://www.scotiabladerunners.ca/headertank.htm

And here's dinner tonight! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back