Update on Roger Hallam

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am writing this update on behalf of the entire Hallam family. A few of you are aware that Roger is in the hospital right now. He was taken to hospital last week after collapsing from a diabetes related incident. We had also been noticing changes in Roger's behaviour over the past couple of months, including memory problems, stability, and speech issues. We all attributed this to high blood sugar levels and his sadness over the loss of our grandpa (Mike Hallam's dad).

Unfortunately, after some testing, they have found a brain tumour. He had an MRI done and it was discovered that the brain tumour is inoperable because it is too deep in his brain. A biopsy was performed this morning and it is with a heavy heart that I relay the results of the biospy so far. They have discovered that the tumour is a very aggressive, cancerous tumour and because they can not remove any part of it, it makes the prognosis worse. An exact time line has not been determined yet but we will have more information in 4-5 days after the detailed analysis of the sample. The best that they can do is to try some radiation to slow the tumour down, but it will take his life. He will most likely be remaining in the hospital for the rest of the time he has and it is predicted that it will be sooner than later.

This is a very difficult time for our entire family. Please keep Roger in your thoughts and prayers.
Wow I'm shocked :( my prayers go to Roger and your family Robin, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Nick

Robin, sorry to hear the bad news about Roger.

A long-time friend and co-worker went through this a few years ago. He lived a clean life, ate healthy food, exercised, generally doing everything right. He should have otherwise lived to a ripe old age. There were times at work where he would be taling, stop, then resume not knowing that he had stopped. They found a mass and 3 "spider" tumors. The surgeons went in and closed him up as there was nothing that they could do. It's sad when someone like him who had taken care of himself had this happen to him while someone like myself who doesn't take care of my body has lived so long.

Let him know that there are a lot of friends and acquiantances here on IW that are thinking of him. I've only met him a few times but remember his spirit and enthusiasm at the races.

Tammy and Shannon Harrison thoughts and prayers our with you. Heavy heart over a great man and an awesome pit buddy. BE in touch as soon as I can shann

Just got home from a weeks vacation where it was difficult to get on line. This is terrible news. Roger is too young for this. We will be praying for you guys.

For those of you who have expressed an interest in visiting Roger, he has been transferred to the new Vic hospital in south London. The hospital is on the corner of Wellington and Comissioners Roads. He started his radiation and chemo treatments today and will remain at this hospital until the 6 weeks of treatments are finalized. He has limited movement on his right side and is unable to walk on his own. He seems to understand what we say to him but his short term memory is not good.

Thanks to those of you who have visited him. His eyes light up when he has visitors.

I'll keep you posted.

Mike Hallam and family.

Back