UL-5 Rebuilt

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Stewart

As if building a new Unlimited hydroplane wasn't hard enough,

we took on the task of rebuilding the UL-5 as well. The UL had flipped

in San Diego 2 years ago and was nearly destroyed and in several

pieces. Well it's back together with many improvements and ready

to leave for the first race tomorrow.

Link to pics: http://www.u21racing.com/baseul5recon.htm

1st and 3rd pics taken 05-04-07

2nd pic taken 05-10-07

Talk about busting some azzz. The paint crew consists of

myself and my good friend Steve Walden.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that blowover. My son and I were sitting right there at Ski Beach where Kevin went over. I took some sequence shots of it as it went over. I remember thinking that the patrol boats took a little too long getting to him.

I remember that blowover. My son and I were sitting right there at Ski Beach where Kevin went over. I took some sequence shots of it as it went over. I remember thinking that the patrol boats took a little too long getting to him.
Both you Mikes, I have to get you guys on my boat durring the races this year. Me and my old man opperate our boat as a shuttle boat on the course. I think you all would get a kick out of watching the races from inside the course. Great photo opps too from the water ;)

DSC00180.JPG

Adam,

I will take that as an invite. ;) ;) Can't wait. The UL-5 is now

officially the UL-8. The engine is in and running.

You GOTTA love the sound of 468 cu. in. Big Block with a

6-71 Blower and uncapped headers. ;) :p :p Off to Washington

it goes. It will be run by the Baker Equipment Race Team. Now

back to the Unlimited. 5 weeks to go!!?? :blink: :huh: :huh:

Nice Job Mike!! Keep up the great work

Can't wait to see em both on the water!!

All I can say is it must pay well ;)

Dan

As if building a new Unlimited hydroplane wasn't hard enough,we took on the task of rebuilding the UL-5 as well. The UL had flipped

in San Diego 2 years ago and was nearly destroyed and in several

pieces. Well it's back together with many improvements and ready

to leave for the first race tomorrow.

Link to pics: http://www.u21racing.com/baseul5recon.htm

1st and 3rd pics taken 05-04-07

2nd pic taken 05-10-07

Talk about busting some azzz. The paint crew consists of

myself and my good friend Steve Walden.
Mike Looks Like my weekend @ Atlanta........ :blink: :blink: Nice Boat.... Now That is some serious repair work... Great Job....... & I dig the 468 Chevy & Blower & Zoomies..... Good Luck getting it to the Checker Flag...... Joe W Memphis Tn.

Joe,

It was alot like that saturday was, 8:00a.m. to 9:00p.m. .... or so ;)

Except it lasted for 10 days. The sound of a D.A. sander sure won't

keep you motivated like the scream of a RoadRunner Twin with

2 CMB HR91's, with to big of a bore carbs, ;) :unsure: and a pair of

7.0 props. I hate it when the fastest twin doesn't make the final. Ooops

did I say that?? :p

Adam I'd love to check the race out from the water! I'll be heading down on Thursday this year. I want to get some testing time in for the Muncey this time. I think I have a boat that can finally handle that tight course. I can never usually get away and I never get there until late Friday night. Consequently the boat runs like crap on Saturday as I spend most of the preliminaries trying to get it right. Of course now that I say that it'll probably be me and Al Waters duking it out for the Goose Egg Cup again.

Adam I'd love to check the race out from the water! I'll be heading down on Thursday this year. I want to get some testing time in for the Muncey this time. I think I have a boat that can finally handle that tight course. I can never usually get away and I never get there until late Friday night. Consequently the boat runs like crap on Saturday as I spend most of the preliminaries trying to get it right. Of course now that I say that it'll probably be me and Al Waters duking it out for the Goose Egg Cup again.
I hear ya Mike! just imagine if that was your home pond! Ugh. Salt and all. I will be on the water Sat and Sun. It is hard for me to get off work too Thurs and Fri..

Lets talk more as we get closer.

Joe,It was alot like that saturday was, 8:00a.m. to 9:00p.m. .... or so ;)

Except it lasted for 10 days. The sound of a D.A. sander sure won't

keep you motivated like the scream of a RoadRunner Twin with

2 CMB HR91's, with to big of a bore carbs, ;) :unsure: and a pair of

7.0 props. I hate it when the fastest twin doesn't make the final. Ooops

did I say that?? :p
Yes you guys had a great boat . But..... Suzzit Happens......Sometime it happens to the best of them

Latest posts

Back