TWIN outrigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionel Bara

Hi,

I leave in France , I am 51 years odl and i am not comfortable with english , i will do my best to be helped and learned .

I am involved with in buildding twin outrigger with Mac 84 and Cmb 90 and outrigger 90 .

My last twin rigger being built with carbon kevlar and with in Mac 84 .

I use to run with with 20% Oil and 40% of nitro, I also use a flowmeter for my tuned up .

I run with in an avrage speed of 81 mp/h and some times up to 87 mp/h . So far it is my best speed with the Octura props V967/3.

I also run with the abc prop h 48.

Great handling on runs .

You are more than welcome to advice me or if you have some pictures to show me , it will help me to gate better .

Thank for your answers .

Best regards ..

@+lionel

TWIN_001.jpg

Bonjeur Lionel

Welcome to the board.

80 - 85 MPH for a twin or single engine 90 class boat is a very respectable speed for heat racing. The H-48 and H-45 are great props for that sized boats. The V967 is FAST but makes the boat ride rough (bounce, hop, hard to turn). There are a couple of prop experts on this board that can custom modify props to reduce diameter and add pitch for extra speed. You have to tell them how the boat is acting with the current props so they can guide you on what needs to be done.

How easy is it to launch? Does it getup right away or stall?

Can you slow down then jump right back to full throttle without a several second hasitation?

Are you looking for straight-a-way speed for a record trial or just to increase the speed of your boat for heat racing?

It takes a very different setup for record trials vs. heat racing.

The V976/3 is a fast prop but is rather touchy in how it runs. We've had very good success with that prop for record trials but I would not heat race them. I tried them once on a twin & the boat was rather unpredictable in the turns. With the MAC84's a real good choice might be a pair of Octura 1667's cut down to about 64-65mm with some added cup around 5.7" I ran those on my twin with MAC84's & boat would run consistent mid 80's & throttle real well.

Welcome Lionel to Intl Waters

I"m glad to see that you did a great job on the twin carbon project I saw in the gallery pictures.... my congrats.

I would try a pair of 1667(65mm cup 5.6) with Mac's and 1667(67mm cup 6.0) for the CMB's...I've been having great speeds and handling with these props and same engines....and correct 80's is a very good speed for a heat race boat.

Gill

Hello Lionel!!

hope you don't mind...

a short video of your twin here

make "save target's links as...". The file is 3.5Mo big.

We french are not used to twin sound... I usually compares it with Mozart's music!

Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Lionel!!

hope you don't mind...

a short video of your twin here

make "save target's links as...". The file is 3.5Mo big.

We french are not used to twin sound... I usually compares it with Mozart's music!

Marc
Hello Marc

can you put the big vidéo, she is better, only 10Mo

thank you

@+ lionel

I liked the chateau in the background ....it's a wonderfull scenery! Also saw some hoops in the straight ..... try the 1.6's series to get rid of it.

Thanks for sharing your boating.

Gill

:) Beautiful all C/F tub No wood also easy simple cowling. ;) how much of weight for full loaded?

B) -->

QUOTE(lionel.B @ May 9 2006, 09:49 PM) 146845[/snapback]
Hello Marc

can you put the big idéo, she is better, only 10Mo

thank you

@+ lionel
Here it is.. Video

The pond is quite small...

Marc

Hi

In advance thank you for your help :mellow: ,..... i am just alone

All my answers are delaited because I need to translate, I try to answer all of your questions :)

I understand somes sentences, but there is some technical words I don’t know :huh:

I will send other pictures, just for for fun :D

Also, I need to learned to use the board forum :wacko:

This video (down) will help you to gate an idear of riding....MARC PAULAIS /B.....a french compétitor in Deep vee

Best regards from a boater

lionel

TWIN_039.jpg

That looks awsome, very creative. How much does it weight?

Larry Jr.
Hi Larry

Thank for your congrats , i am just alone ..

My twin weight 6.7 kg over all, (....ooohhh..no ...error it's 7,2 kg...sorry :huh: )

Then add weight for gaz .

lionel

Hello Lionel

pretty little light weight :ph34r: What size of measure lenght and wide tub? thanks Allan ;)

Bonjeur Lionel

Welcome to the board.

80 - 85 MPH for a twin or single engine 90 class boat is a very respectable speed for heat racing. The H-48 and H-45 are great props for that sized boats. The V967 is FAST but makes the boat ride rough (bounce, hop, hard to turn). There are a couple of prop experts on this board that can custom modify props to reduce diameter and add pitch for extra speed. You have to tell them how the boat is acting with the current props so they can guide you on what needs to be done.

How easy is it to launch? Does it getup right away or stall?

Can you slow down then jump right back to full throttle without a several second hasitation?

Are you looking for straight-a-way speed for a record trial or just to increase the speed of your boat for heat racing?

It takes a very different setup for record trials vs. heat racing.
Hi Dan

Do you speak French ?....” bonjour”

I am more for heat racing, but I want to increase the speed

What speed have you for heat racing?

I don’t run H45

Twin is not hard to turn with H48, 1667, V967/3

No bounce

Some time hop with V967/3

Props experts…oh…yes….. I need…to perform…I don’t know how to modify prop

On the water, my Twin is good….see the photo

Yes easy to launch with H48 and 1667, and it get up right

Can you slow down then jump right back to full throttle without a several second hasitation?”

So far i never had to deal with this problem

What set up do you used for heat racing? Do you run a TWIN?

lionel

IMG_2198_bis.jpg

Hey Lionel....Welcome and you have a beautiful boat. One day I hope to have a twin but right now one engine is enough to keep me busy. Good luck and God bless!

The V976/3 is a fast prop but is rather touchy in how it runs. We've had very good success with that prop for record trials but I would not heat race them. I tried them once on a twin & the boat was rather unpredictable in the turns. With the MAC84's a real good choice might be a pair of Octura 1667's cut down to about 64-65mm with some added cup around 5.7" I ran those on my twin with MAC84's & boat would run consistent mid 80's & throttle real well.
Hi Don

There is some technical words i don’t know ..

What is « cut down to 64/65 mm

What is « added cup around 5.7

And what are the effect and results .

With those modification , how much nitro should i run , what length ,just to progress slowly and

gatting better in performance step by step ..

In France ,we have to care full with noise , so i use sort tune pipe from CMB those low down noise

I only use Mac tune pipe where we are away from houses , cause we have to respect peace full area

My glow plugs are MC-9 , are they the right choice for high nitro

I use Andy B niddle

To set up right the ignition , what is your average angle to set the niddle , to me it is less than 45°,

Should i modified the swinging arm ( in between the servo to the trigger ) so the servo will work on further angle

I never ran before with 60% of nitro , what should i do to preserve the engines.

With 40% of nitro i always burn the plugs , what can i do ????

lionel

Welcome Lionel to Intl Waters

I"m glad to see that you did a great job on the twin carbon project I saw in the gallery pictures.... my congrats.

I would try a pair of 1667(65mm cup 5.6) with Mac's and 1667(67mm cup 6.0) for the CMB's...I've been having great speeds and handling with these props and same engines....and correct 80's is a very good speed for a heat race boat.

Gill
Hi Gil

I design, make my own models and mould my part with vacuums bags

I am highly motivated , but so alone . :(

To move forward i need to learn , i need to gate in tuch with other people who are involved

Do you want to see any pictures of the castle ...?????, we have some nice ones.. ;)

Give me your MP

Give me some time to gate some informations.

Cane you explain me cup (65mm cup 5.6 ) and 1667 ( 67 mm cup 6.0 )

“Thanks for sharing your boating”…… I am not looking for answers all ready made , i wich to progress and i am so happy to talk to US boaters cause you a great in twin , that make me dreaming .. :rolleyes:

lionel

Cut down is diameter reduced to 64/64mm from 67mm. Cup is added into blade area, the prop guys can better explain this one with more detail. I ran 60% nitro with the pipes @ 11" length from center of cylinder to weld line on pipe. B)

Back