Twin Cities boaters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avbrando

my name is brandon and i'm looking for any boaters in the saint paul/minneapolis minn area interested in running at a great facility called rick's hobby farm. the property has all bases covered; boats, cars, planes and trains. the pond is perfect place to go fast.a few of us with bigger nitro engines have been struggling a bit, even though quite mechanicaly inclined. if anyone is interested in joining us for a good time and possibly sharing a little knowledge please contact me.

my name is brandon and i'm looking for any boaters in the saint paul/minneapolis minn area interested in running at a great facility called rick's hobby farm. the property has all bases covered; boats, cars, planes and trains. the pond is perfect place to go fast.a few of us with bigger nitro engines have been struggling a bit, even though quite mechanicaly inclined. if anyone is interested in joining us for a good time and possibly sharing a little knowledge please contact me.
So, Where is this place located?

hello larry, rick's hobby farm is about an hour drive from blaine. follow 94 east into wisconsin to exit 10, north on hwy 65 about 7-8 miles on the right (look for the big wooden train and paddlewheel) rick's is truly a great place to play and meet new friends. it is outfitted with water, power, bathrooms, soda machines and mutch more. us boaters are on the pond sundays ans some wednesdays, no charge and even camping is welcome. for more on special events checkout: www.freedomfieldrc.com

What is the address? I just moved up to Center City MN.... and the Twin Cities club is too far away... luckily I now live on a bay in S Center Lake (near Taylor's Falls-St Croix), so I can run whenever I want... but company is always better.

Besides, the pod down by the Mega Mall sucked (weeds!!!!!!!!!!!).... wasnt worth becoming a member tho the people there are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the address? I just moved up to Center City MN.... and the Twin Cities club is too far away... luckily I now live on a bay in S Center Lake (near Taylor's Falls-St Croix), so I can run whenever I want... but company is always better.
Besides, the pod down by the Mega Mall sucked (weeds!!!!!!!!!!!).... wasnt worth becoming a member tho the people there are great.
Easy now. The pond is great for racing. We just need to do some weed control. We hardly ever get blownout and noise is not a facter.

I know where the farm is. It is between Roberts and New richmond WI. My question is, Is the pound big enough. I would be glad to meet you out there some day and show you some things. What kind of boats do you have?

Mark

New Richmond is even farther away from me than the pond in Eagan! Find a good spot to run in the Chisago area and I'll venture over that way.

Larry

great to see some boaters in the area!! we are running a variety of boats, i run a aeromarine cat with a cmb 67 , a real old rigger with an os 40 and a traxxas villain retriever, dad runs an areomarine cat with an os 65 and a sweet rigger with and old cmb 65 4 bolt silver , there is also another friend with an picco 90 in a vee hull and a couple of outboard tunnels.i believe the pond is quite enough for us. dads rigger has plenty of room to open up .thank's Mark, we would appreciate any helpful hints you may have. we dont get too serious at rick's but it is alot of fun with lots of other r/c maniacs! we are down by the pond almost every sunday "trying to keep boating alive"http://freedomfieldrc.com

i'm happy to announce that rick's hobby farm is hosting a boat race for the twin cities model boat club this sunday the 18th. we are hoping to make some new friends and hopefully learn a few things from the pros!

i'm happy to announce that rick's hobby farm is hosting a boat race for the twin cities model boat club this sunday the 18th. we are hoping to make some new friends and hopefully learn a few things from the pros!
Hi Brandon,

I dont think I'll be making it (but who knows) until I get the rigger I bought. Just an FYI if you want to boost turnout... over at RCU if you click on find members, the next page to come up has a search feature under the "Optional Keywords" for "City" (click on that to enable). Then just type in a city like Taylors Fall or St Croix - I did and came up with 8 boaters just in those 2 small towns!!! :huh: you could send each one an invite if you wanted.... just a thought.

todd hollander

The Twin Cities race will be a club race. That means you will not have to be a member of IMPBA or the club to race. 3 boats will make a class. That includes ready to runs if we can get three and I know of at least 4. Your cats may be able to run in an open class. It would be great if you guys would bring your boats out and race with us. Racing starts around 9:00 and you should get their by 8:00. Hope to see all you guys and girls racing on Sunday. Bill

The Twin Cities race will be a club race. That means you will not have to be a member of IMPBA or the club to race. 3 boats will make a class. That includes ready to runs if we can get three and I know of at least 4. Your cats may be able to run in an open class. It would be great if you guys would bring your boats out and race with us. Racing starts around 9:00 and you should get their by 8:00. Hope to see all you guys and girls racing on Sunday. Bill

One correction to what Bill has said. We will not be able to race or fire up engines until 10am per the land owners rules.

I hope my boss lets me have the day off.

Mark

Im curious as to how you got the TCMBC to come race there without being a club member OR a Impba member.Ive seen many places ask to have races but have to follow the club rules.Ive been a member of that club a long time and have seen many denied for that reason.I also see they have it listed on their web sight and Im sure it wont be without club dues and IMPBA.Its worth a doule check before someone drives and gets denied a race for lack of membership.You might want to check your dates also as the 18ths on monday and its listed as the 17th on the link you posted.

Im curious as to how you got the TCMBC to come race there without being a club member OR a Impba member.Ive seen many places ask to have races but have to follow the club rules.Ive been a member of that club a long time and have seen many denied for that reason.I also see they have it listed on their web sight and Im sure it wont be without club dues and IMPBA.Its worth a doule check before someone drives and gets denied a race for lack of membership.You might want to check your dates also as the 18ths on monday and its listed as the 17th on the link you posted.
I think Bill meant to say that it will be a club race, and every one will have to have I.M.P.B.A. I think if you have IMPBA but are not a member of TCMBC we will let you race. $10 per boat. I believe that TCMBC would be seriously jeapardizing our IMPBA Insurance coverage, if we do not enforce this. How ever, I will go along with the general consencus on site that day.

Mike. B) :)

Awe shucks I can't make it, I'll be at the Minute Breakers race in Mendota.
I just found out that I will not be there either. :angry: The boss said we are way to busy this weekend. I hope the rest of you have fun. I will be stuck in a brick building in Hudson. :angry:

Mark

Hey Brandon,

Have to tell us how the big shing-ding went, for those of us unable to attend (I was canoeing down the St. Croix w/the family - my son turned 5 on Saturday).

todd

Hey Brandon,
Have to tell us how the big shing-ding went, for those of us unable to attend (I was canoeing down the St. Croix w/the family - my son turned 5 on Saturday).

todd
it was a great day (a bit hot) but a pretty good turnout. it sounds like about 5 total could not show. i did not run, due to lack of big boats and lack of experience on my part. the TCMBC were all friendly and were very proffessional, rick enjoyed it so mutch, he is currently looking for a "T" dock for us and will relocate the start area more toward the coved area of the pond which will make the pond mutch more usable. it sounds like most approved of freedom lake and said they may return in a month for another club race. thanks all for comming out!!

I was just on the TCMBC site. It has been decided that are September 14th race will be at Rick's Hobby Farm.

Thank you very much Rick.

Mark

Latest posts

Back