• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Twin 45 Crapshooter by Don Bilsky

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice twin up date the radio widen the track a little let the props eat some water an fast track the coarse old girl will do good

Many moons ago, I read a magazine article about a twin named the "Predator" which seemed to be a Pinkert design - I believe the article was authored by Don Bilsky. Cuz, that was the inspiration for my first twin with a pair of OPS 60's which were later changed out for a pair of OPS 80's - a Thundergator.

In the mid 80’s Bilsky did an article in rc boating and titled it “and you thought your boat was fast “ , it was a don pinckert coyote with twin big block black head OPS 90’s complete with Pinckerts 3rd channel needles and one of the engines blew up during the test approaching 23’000 rpm’s which he said was arguably more than the engine could handle..

I had a couple of Pinckert's adjustable needle valves. I'm not sure what hull the Predator was for sure - don't remember it being a Crapshooter, but may well have been. Coyote sounds familiar, been 35-40 years ago. Pretty sure it was Bilsky though in the article, may have been the twin OPS 90 boat article. Pretty sure it was called the Predator though.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread with this trivia.

I remember that twin in the article. It was a coyote twin 90. Painted dark blue. I thought he he used picco comp 90's in it though. That article is was made me want a twin so bad

In the mid 80’s Bilsky did an article in rc boating and titled it “and you thought your boat was fast “ , it was a don pinckert coyote with twin big block black head OPS 90’s complete with Pinckerts 3rd channel needles and one of the engines blew up during the test approaching 23’000 rpm’s which he said was arguably more than the engine could handle..
Don Bilsky did many articles, crapshooters and Mongoose, but the Coyote Twin that was dark blue was Jim Augustine. And it was Picco 90 power.

Back