Turkey Day Records Trial Huntsville, AL 11/24 & 25/ 2012

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
We'd like to get an idea of just how many racers are planning to show for the final Records Trial of 2012 at Huntsville, AL. We will be at the lake site around 7am and should be set up by 7:30ish right now we have the 1/3 mile course alreadt set along with SAW. We can change the oval course over to 1/4 mile oval when a majority of people signed up vote to change it (weather permitting) Sunset is at 4:30pm we will most likely shut the site down about 4:15 pm since our site has no lights. Registration is $10 plus $1 per timed run (you ask for a time). See witching hour rules below!

Witching Hour Rules apply between 3:00 pm just before sunset. A short list will be used. Only drivers whose boats have been within 5 percent of the record during the event or if you currently hold that record will be allowed to run on the short list. Those on the short list will have the water until sunset. If no one on the short list elects to run at any time after 3pm open running will become effective using the daily list until such time that someone on the short list elects to run. At that time only people on the short list are eligible to run until such time that those participants are not running again. This can happen as often as the short list participants pass their turn. No one on the short list can give up their spot for someone not on the short list.

Did find a pretty good deal online for the Embassy Suites Hotel (very nice hotel) "You must pay for in advance online". $79 per night.

Happy thanksgiving and please think and give a prayer for our men and women still in harms way overseas!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dad and I, and Rocky Will are coming down from Evansville on Saturday. I think we are only bringing 1 boat.

Hey Bill the witching hour needs to be changed to say about 3:15PM if we go by the 4:15PM cut off time. (Sunset is listed as 4:37PM and it would be too dark to run safely after 4:30PM) Just saying...

I plan to be there not sure how many boats I will have but at least 2 I'm pretty sure.

Paul

We'd like to get an idea of just how many racers are planning to show for the final Records Trial of 2012 at Huntsville, AL. We will be at the lake site around 7am and should be set up by 7:30ish right now we have the 1/3 mile course alreadt set along with SAW. We can change the oval course over to 1/4 mile oval when a majority of people signed up vote to change it (weather permitting) Sunset is at 4:30pm we will most likely shut the site down about 4:15 pm since our site has no lights. Registration is $10 plus $1 per timed run (you ask for a time). See witching hour rules below!

Witching Hour Rules apply between 3:00 pm just before sunset. A short list will be used. Only drivers whose boats have been within 5 percent of the record during the event or if you currently hold that record will be allowed to run on the short list. Those on the short list will have the water until sunset. If no one on the short list elects to run at any time after 3pm open running will become effective using the daily list until such time that someone on the short list elects to run. At that time only people on the short list are eligible to run until such time that those participants are not running again. This can happen as often as the short list participants pass their turn. No one on the short list can give up their spot for someone not on the short list.

Did find a pretty good deal online for the Embassy Suites Hotel (very nice hotel) "You must pay for in advance online". $79 per night.

Happy thanksgiving and please think and give a prayer for our men and women still in harms way overseas!
Bill, I plan on coming down. I am actually bringing a boat.

Could you post the address and phone # of the Motel you were talking about.

Thanks,

Charles

http://embassysuites...ESES/index.html

Here is the information not sure if the super deal is still available it was over the weekend if you paid in full with a credit card and non-refundable might call and check.

Embassy Suites Huntsville - Hotel & Spa

800 Monroe Street, Huntsville, Alabama, 35801, USA TEL: 1-256-539-7373

La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Madison Square

www.lq.com

9 Google reviews - $69

4890 University Drive Northwest

Huntsville

(256) 830-8999

La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park

www.lq.com

8 Google reviews - $55

4870 University Drive Northwest

Huntsville

(256) 830-2070

Anyone going to HSV that has a spare 1/4 in. shaft for a Crapshooter .90? If so, Julian Conde needs one. I do not know the overall length he needs but if anyone knows, please chime in.

Thanks.....Rick

Julian,

How long of shaft do you need for your 80/90 boat?

I can send one with the propellers today if you let me know soon.

Mine are cut already to 22" long. Sorry!!!

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023

Julian,

How long of shaft do you need for your 80/90 boat?

I can send one with the propellers today if you let me know soon.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023
24 inches or more that will work if you have a drive dog that will work for me also.

Julian

Rodney is bring some Torco Fuel down fo rme not sure how much extra room he'll have? If anyone is interested you might want to contact him?

Im bringing a case for Julian and a case for you, Bill. I can probably fit in another case if anyone needs it. I have one case of 60% and one case of 66% left.

This weekend weather forecast for Huntsville Looks like Sunday will be a pretty good day except COLD 23 degrees in the morning bring your long johns and gloves.

See you all here and drvie safely, remeber your IMPBA cards!

Fri Nov 23

28.png

64°F

30°F

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 20% Wind: WNW at 12 mph

Sat Nov 24

30.png

47°

23°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 10% Wind: NNW at 9 mph

Sun Nov 25

32.png

55°

32°

Sunny

Chance of rain: 0% Wind: SSE at 5 mph

Arrived in Huntsville minutes ago. Long drive but a pleasant one. Waiting for Conde to get here.

Back