Brandon Model Boaters Time Trials Dec 11-12 2021

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Drake

Timed Event for 1/3 mile Oval. Setup 8 AM. Event starts when timing system is operational until 5 PM each day.
CLASSES: All IMPBA legal record eligible classes in Nitro, Gas & Fast Electric. Pre-registration is not required –but please email or call Ron or Mark to let us know you will be coming. $25 flat fee – run as often as weather permits. Fee is payable prior to first run. Plenty of nearby restaurants
Please have IMPBA membership current in advance.
NOTE: Witching Hour Rules Apply at 4 PM — Only drivers whose boats have been within 5% of the record during the event, or that current record holder will be allowed to run on the short list. If no one on the short list elects to run, other participants from the daily list may run until someone on the short list elects to run again, however at no time may someone on the short list give up their spot to someone not on the short list.
CD: Ron Drake (813) 523-7073 email: [email protected]
Assistant CD: Mark Grannis (239) 289-1159 email: [email protected]
Open water December 10 from Noon to 5 pm

DETAILS
Start:December 11 @ 8:00 amEnd:December 12 @ 5:00 pmEvent Category:Record TrialEvent Tags:District 3
ORGANIZER
Brandon Model BoatersPhone:813-523-7073

TTs less than 2 weeks away. Hoping these cooler Florida temps hold into that weekend. Should be prime to make some horsepower 👀👀 Who all is planning on making this one?

What a fun weekend guys. Thanks to the Brandon crew for putting this event on. Beautiful weekend and a lot of fast water for sure. Not sure what the final total was but several records fell. Big shoutout to Max Halbrehder for crushing his dad's previous record in his electric cat. Kid drove the wheels off that boat. I think Team Ugly found themselves a new driver. Haha. Thanks again guys and looking forward to the next one.

The Team Ugly chimp has grown into a real "wheel monkey".
Jay, Max's dad held the P cat two lap record in IMPBA at 27.793
Max went 26.8 on Saturday and I put the boat away. Sunday he pulled it out and I put a little downforce in it as it was blowing off and he lowered it to 25.727 seconds. For reference I loaned the same cat to Don Huff to power for NAMBA records in Huntsville and MT ran a 26.610 with it. So Max is in good company
Jay ran a T tunnel 24 something lowering a 30 second record. He and Ralph Almirola worked our Road Runner to a 17.5 something T hydro record on 9 cells. Lower KV 10 cell motor on the way for Blue Lake and Ralph is building a new tub. We have literally tumbled and crashed the RR over 80mph maybe 40 times in previous testing and attempts. Broke hatches lost batteries, toasted motors and esc's. You get hooked on records.
Needless to say I am a proud father and grandfather.
Mic

Back