Tumor radiation treatment

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Christy

Guys,

My father-in-law was diagnosed with throat cancer about two years ago. He is currently losing the battle, as it has rooted itself to his carotid artery, and is basically inoperable. We are obviously VERY distressed. I have been searching for some information on a very specific type of radiation treatment I heard about a while back. I can't remember if I saw something on TV or read about it somewhere, but it if I remember correctly, it would be something worth exploring. The only problem is that I haven't been able to find out much about it, and I think it's mostly due to the fact that I don't know the correct terminology to search for.

The radiation is emitted from a source that orbits the body, or affected area, on all three axis', in such a way that the beam is always targeting the same point in space, but since it is such a narrow, low dosage beam, no damage is done to any adjascent tissue.

Anybody have any experience, information, or maybe even some search criteria that might lead to some answers?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad, search for that info on the Mayo clinics web side it may be there. I have an uncle that has got throat cancer also. He has been going to the Mayo for about a year now, on and off. He has told me that they are like the #1 place in the country for this type of cancer treatment. I do not know if it is the same type of treatment that you are looking for for sure though.

I will keep you father-in-law in are prayers.

The Leyde family

brad, try contacting james beasley here on iw. he has had the need to research treatment options similar to what you are asking about. hope it helps, lost my dad to cancer almost 40 years ago before such technology was available.

Back