Some news from OER

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not yet. was thinking about calling, but figured he had enough going on right now. i may feel different by wed. or thurs. if i haven't heard from him by then, i'll be calling.

Hi guys,

I'm happy to report that I received a note from his wife on Friday and that "the surgery went well and he's doing just fine". Best news I've had in a long time !

Will update you if I hear any further.

Regards,

Wennie, Cape Town, South Africa.

Hi guys,I'm happy to report that I received a note from his wife on Friday and that "the surgery went well and he's doing just fine". Best news I've had in a long time !

Will update you if I hear any further.

Regards,

Wennie, Cape Town, South Africa.

YYYYEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!

Yes good news!! He will be back in the shop as soon as he can working on some secret weapon for the March race I am sure. :p

Ditto on good news!!!! Take your time recovering James and we look forward to seeing you back on the water. By the World Champs for sure!

:D Ya know..... I was think'n.......... Tha thyroid control's metabolism and growth........ Hmmmmmmmm,

He will be take'n a med for the hormone since the gland is not there anymore,

GROWTH ? Well this could be interesting :p :lol:

Speedy recovery thar my friend!!!!

Gener B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, im home....

The surgery went well, or so they tell me because I sure as heck dont recall a darn thing. All I can say is the stuff that was coming out of that gas mask is pretty crazy....

I got home yesterday (Monday) about mid-day. I turned on the computer long enough to see how much mail I had, and then made my way to the recliner for a good ole nap. There is nothing better than coming home after something like this. After 6 days in, I was so ready to leave that hospital it wasnt funny. Another couple weeks of recovery and I should be 100% pretty soon. Aside from the 4 inch long gash in my neck (which ought to make for a great halloween costume...) I dont have much pain. The only pain I have is associated with the muscles in my neck that were cut. I have about 70% movement in my neck/head right now, with it getting better every day. The doctors say it was a very succesful surgery, that required more work than they had anticipated, but everything went smoothly and took a little less than 2 hours to complete.

As Robin mentioned, now that I am "thyroidless" I also dont have anything in me producing hormones, so I have to take a pill everyday for the rest of mylife to maintain the proper levels of hormone. No big deal, it will just take a few trips to the endocrynologist (or however you spell it) to get the dosage correct and for quarterly checkups, bloodwork and ultrasounds. I have my first Dr. visit with her tommorow in the morning to get the medication started.

Dont worry Gener, I have requested the "Fat Free" version of the hormone treatment as I could stand to lose about a 100 pounds... :) With a new lease on life, I figure this would be a fine time to work towards that.

Mike Z, my good friend, glad to see you posting again, you have been missed. Thanks for the well wishes, and we will definitely see you in March.

Uncle Wennie, thanks for updating the guys with the info. Guys, give a welcome to Wennie, he is a certified tunnel nut like most of us and we hope to have him and his entourage in Charleston of 2008.... The only difference between Wennie and the rest of us is that like our Aussie brothers, his toilets flush the wrong way.

All joking aside, my boating family has made this a much easier situation to be in. I sincerely appreciate the MANY emails, PM's and phone calls from all of you guys. I have the shop closed until November the 5th, and my wife has made me swear to stay out of it until then so I can recover fully. However, this will give me time to catch up (albeit slowly) with the emails and paperwork that has been piling up since this started. Thanks for the everyones prayers, concerns, and understanding, OER will indeed be back with a vengance.

See you guys in March!

~James

Now there's a welcome post for dreary mornin.

Welcome back James,

I'm glad all went well.

I hope you didn't bet your wife about staying out of the shop. I,m bettin you can't. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
james,

welcome home!!!!!! i hope you did bet your wife, and you win! take it easy, get better, we can wait. it will be tough, but we can do it :p :lol: :lol: . thanks for keeping us "in the loop", not knowing is worse than bad news, imo. just glad to hear all went well. take care, and get better. just had my 29th wedding anniversary yesterday, look foward to celebrating yours-one day :lol: .

later,

robin

good to hear it all went well james

take all the time you need to recover mate

we all may be from all parts of the world but we are like family on here

and family care about each other

cheers ian

Great News to say the least. Until Nov. 5th have a great recovery looking forward to March already

Ed.R

He Gabe

Good to hear that everything went okay. I hope the recovery will go fine, you got to be ready for next years tunnelchamps...

About the gas< i sure hope you stick with nitro instead...LOL

And not only a couple of good Belgium beers can knock you down.

Take care and talk to you soon.

Ronald.

Hi James, I wish you good repair and to unite early bye.

Best regards

Peter from Dessau ;)

Hallo James, auch ich wünsche Dir Gute Besserung und auf eın baldiges Wiedersehen.

Beste Grüsse

Peter aus Dessau ;)

Back