TS2 kibbles and bits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found new inserts the next size up at ACE Hardware today and they are of better quality. I also picked up a pull pull cable system from the hobby shop and I am going to hook the steering up that way also.

Last edited by a moderator:
For you guys putting inserts into wood or fiberglass backed up by wood

use a cordless drill and a 6-32 nut&bolt (or correct size)

I drill the hole in the wood a little undersized, run a nut a 1/4"

up the bolt (socket head) and put that 1/4" into the insert.

Now you can chuck it up so the drill chuck goes past the socket

head and tighten's down on the nut right in front of the insert.

Put a little slow-set CA on the outer insert theads and slowly

with good pressure run the insert in until the nut is flush with

the surface,,wait a few seconds and hit reverse on the drill.

It's fast and they really stay in there. :)

In fiberglass with wood backing drill out the fiberglass the same

size as the insert to keep the fiberglass from lifting or chipping,,

or you can just go for it, like I do :rolleyes:

Sounds like a plan but I did something really stupid and read the instructions and used the drill bit they said to use. The plans are now in the trash and I am doing the rest my own design. Something odd though I opened the radio box and there were 6 lids in the bottom. Is this normal or did they just screw up?

Someone going to get some boats with out radio box lids

Dave Roach

Re: plans are in the trash

You might want toconsider pulling them out of the trash because there's actually some good information about balancing and running the hull.

JD

Yeah

I already made notes on all your stuff Jerry. I am just PO'd that I screwed up a brand new hull because of the instructions.

By the way I have a stock OS engine that has been tweaked for max power. Any suggestions on where to start with a prop and what prop mods?

Rich

Yeah

I already made notes on all your stuff Jerry. I am just PO'd that I screwed up a brand new hull because of the instructions.

By the way I have a stock OS engine that has been tweaked for max power. Any suggestions on where to start with a prop and what prop mods?

Rich

<_<

If someone tells you to go jump off a bridge would you do it???

Don't blame someone else for your lack of common sense...

What common sense? The hole is off just enough to cause a problem.

Thanks for the info Jerry. Ive got one I am balancing now. I ran it today to break in the engine a little and it was porposing real bad in the turns. Any idea what would cause this? I run mostly gas Monos and Cats and am new to these. I got it for my 11 year old to start racing with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We all are very fortunate to have JD bring this hobby to a level that people who are more worried about paying bills can participate.

JD

If the M440 works with the OS what works for the K&B?

Anyother tips for running with the K&B would be great .

Thanks for the info.

Ed.R

I WAS also having lots of bouncing when I was setting my TS2 up but found that with :

5 oz weight

about 2 degrees Neg tilt on the motor

and 1/16 inch above the sponsons

it is running MUCH MUCH better, I am also running an X440 prop.

Ralph

I did some engine testing today on my TS2 comparing performance between a K&B 3.5ss and O.S. Max 21. The fuel was O'Donnell's 65%, Octura M440, and c/l of prop 3/16 above bottom of sponsons. Here's the radar readings obtained:

K&B 3.5ss - 44/45 mph

O.S. Max 21 - 45/46 mph

The K&B was run on a DuBro mount bolted directly to the transom.

These speeds are not "ballistic" by any means. However, I thought it might be of interest to provide the results.

lets all get along guys and focus on improving ts2 performance/consistency.

i know the ride pads are installed to help prevent hooking. are there any negative effects in anybodys experience?

I tried lowering the drive and it helped then I put some negative in the drive and it got better. I just rebuilt the motor so its slow and rich right now. I attatched a shot of the Dubro 2-56 Pull Pull on the steering. It works great.

I tried lowering the drive and it helped then I put some negative in the drive and it got better. I just rebuilt the motor so its slow and rich right now. I attatched a shot of the Dubro 2-56 Pull Pull on the steering. It works great.

Ryan018.jpg

Ryan017.jpg

Jerry in the TS 2 instructions it say's to add a 5/8 piece of filler if using a K&B, are your latest tests showing it's not needed now?

Keith

Jerry,

Now try the 1440 B/C and report back your efforts? :D

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund

Back