Duel water cooing head routing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffpocorena

Hi guys I have a zenoah 26 with duel cooling head how do you route the water line? I have a 2 pick up rudder and also a water cooled header. I was wondering if I should route one pick up to the head the other pick up to the header then back to the head. I attached a picture let me know your thoughts. Or should I just use a t on one of the pick ups then run one line just to the header and out

Attachments

• image_attachment.jpg
    image_attachment.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 0
You trying to keep the motor cool. So running it thru the header first is a bad thing. Take one of the lines off the head exit to header and then out of the boat.
Mike

You trying to keep the motor cool. So running it thru the header first is a bad thing. Take one of the lines off the head exit to header and then out of the boat.
Mike
Will the water be too hot once it comes out if the head to do any cooling to the header? Or should I just t one line to both inlet of the head then one line to the header

Yes it will. You always want to cool the motor first. The header is just something outside of the motor that heats it up. All my boats run just one water line to each motor and then out to the header. In your case it wont make much of a difference if you seperate them or double feed and tap one leg for header.
Mike

Very easy to mod the ex flange to have two in and two out. Just add two fittings in front of flange and then take both in the engine and out with both through the flange.

Depending upon flow and need as advised run line(s) to engine first. However, in the winter months it may work better going through the header first as you don't want to over cool the engine. Set it up, see where things are and take it from there.

Cooling exhaust headers is a good thing.

Back