TRAILER suggestions please help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadstoys5

Supporting Member
FEEDBACK PLEASE: I recently bought a new 7 X 16 tandem axle enclosed trailer and I was hoping to get some feedback from fellow boaters/hobbyist regarding set-up. The trailer is well equipped and approximately 7ft. interior height with a spring loaded ramp door and side door. I purchased a couple (so far) of the CC Racing aluminum rack systems and plan to add 3-4 more in the trailer to load the boats on.

I want to add a work-bench and other related items such as a portable A/C-Heat unit, power strips, fluorescent light(s) storage for tables, tools, pop-up canopy etc.

Any info you can provide or related photos of a similar design/configuration would be greatly appreciated. I would be willing to buy your "dinner" for sharing your suggestion(s) and/or experience in setting up such a unit.

e-mail me direct at: [email protected]

Thanks, Tom

i would first look at weight.. i don't no what you are using for a tow rig. truck suv diesel ect..

but try to keep the weight down..

we did our shelves on the one side of the trailer.. 4 shelves.. about 2' wide from the wall. say 10' long. out canopy standup up on the wall right next to them.

the other side we made some brackets to hold 2 6' long tables our pit table and a cabnet on the wall for storage.. we have yet to make a bench up front.

we have a 7' inside height by 14' long V neck trailer dbl axl.

one thing we just purchase and you may want to look at.. got to a menards if you have one in your area.. they sell some RUBBER flooring.. 8' wide by 17' long in a coin pattern for about 165.00. you can put that on the floor.. nice to sweep and keep clean.. and good traction..

ON SUGGESTON.

put down something on your ramp door.. when it gets wet it is like a HUGE SLIP AND SLIDe. we have a ramp door as well and it is dangerous when wet.. i have biffed it several times.. i am thinking about tryings some dupli color truck bed liner on it to give it some GRIP.

hope i helped.

chris

I used Juno trac 12 for lighting. It is already set up for 12V. It is small and the tracks can bend along slight curves (ribs of the roof of the trailer). Here is a link to the heads I used. They are 20 watts. I am a electrician by trade and used this product in many of the highend kitchens I wired. As to the layout, I can not help you there. I have a 5X10. I ended up puting three shelfs that are 4 feet deep right across the back of the trailer from the left to right side. I enter the front through the side door. The tables/awning slide under the bottom shelf that sits about a foot off the trailer bed. Each shelf has about 20" to the next one. Works great at the race. Double doors open and awning is setup right off the back of the trailer. After the baots are pull from the travel shelf, the shelf gives you extra room to set stuff while you racing.

Mike

Latest posts

Back