Top coating - 100% Hi-Nitro fuel proof?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, I was hoping I would hear that :D . I'm sure that I'd end up with material for quite a while. Now I know that I can go ahead and make my purchase when I'm ready to paint and I'll just store the rest away for my next boat.

Do you have any special storage procedures like out of the extreme cold and hot; in other words, in the house? I know this stuff is toxic.

I followed Don's suggestions and it works great. Never seen 80% effect the paint. I also get to assemble my boat the next day to go out and run.

dannyual767 said:
I've got a question about the  DCX61 HARDENER for the 2021 system (or any 2 part urethane clearcoat hardener for that matter.)  I was told that this stuff has a shelf life.  Like 30 days and that it loses it's "freshness."  A paint and body supply house told me this :blink: . 
69959[/snapback]

Total bull. If you keep it sealed & properly stored you will be fine. I've shot w/ DFX11 hardener that was a year & a half old without ANY issues. As for being toxic & storing it inside, it doesn't matter if it's sealed & put in a safe place right? Besides, you'd be surprised how much "toxic" stuff the average person has inside their house in daily use household products. B)

Jorgen- I have only shot the DFX11 because it sets up super fast. Your between coats time is 5 minutes & it's dust free in less than 10. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad Christy said:
Don,
I'm just relaying what the people who sold me the stuff told me:..............

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

69878[/snapback]

Hey Brad I hear ya. I just learned a long time ago when it comes to paint, put the most trust & faith in the spec sheet the manufacturer puts out. After all they should know, they make the stuff. You'd be surprised just how falsehoods & myths put out by sellers & such that turned out to be just that. I think the biggest problem is that a given manufacturer changes things in a product line but some don't bother to read up on it. :blink:

Don, thanks again for the good news. I guess that supply house was just trying to increase their sales by telling me the hardener would go bad after about 30 days :rolleyes: .

I'll store my unused product in the house to help keep it good!

Back