Spray Can Epoxy

Discussion in 'Painting and Finishing Forum' started by TomGracey, May 6, 2019.

intlwaters.com

Help Support intlwaters.com:

1. May 6, 2019 #1

TomGracey

TomGracey

TomGracey

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was recently asked on Face Book about what I use for Fuel proof paints.
    watch the Video

Automotive urethane ( House of Kolor )then Spray MAX 2K Clear Glamour 368 0061 Spray Epoxy rattle Can $18.00 each .

Its expensive(available on Amazon) but if U have enough parts lined up to paint it beats the hassle of ruining/ cleaning Ur spray gun.

My test Strip with vinyl decals, its totally Nitro proof raw 60% fuel sitting on it for 0ver 15 min, Pot life in the can is 48 hrs after activation dust proof in 10 min @ 60 deg. F dry to touch in 30 min @ 60 deg F fuel proof in 24r hrs

IMG_1788.JPG

timwhalen likes this.
  2. May 8, 2019 #2

timwhalen

timwhalen

timwhalen

Good stuff!... we've found that the warmer the area you paint in, the better for leveling
    and cure.
    Fresh air supply is necessary, as the cyanoacrylates in that stuff will kill you on an
    accumulative basis.
    Of further note, we've also brushed on (foam brush) house brand 2K clear urethane, block
    sanded wet all the way to 3000 grit, and buffed with a 2"-3" random orbital detail buffer
    and had show car results. Guess it all depends on how a person is setup for painting.

3. May 12, 2019 #3

RobertDoak

RobertDoak

RobertDoak

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That stuff works great...I was able to purchace from my local auto paint supplier...and the results were amazing..
    Lays glass smooth and a hard finish..

timwhalen likes this.
  4. Nov 23, 2019 #4

BobBonahoom

BobBonahoom

BobBonahoom

I have 5 new cans of the Max 2K Clear Glamour 3680061 that I will not be using. I am going to put an add on the for sale forum for $50 shipped. Look there if interested.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019