Titanium and Aluminium Pistons and hardened sleeves

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well here the test theres a guy who is a reqgular on this forum well he bought 2 con rods off me I machined them today and ill press the new bearings in tomorow and ship it to LA. I would say his name but that would not be cool.. but if i screww up he will tell you for sure if im a scammer or true to trying to start a business...

Its hard T61 35 on the B scale. believe me if it dont work he gets his money back full but if he likes youll have to banned me from here cuz you wont hear the end of it

So tell us, you're using Aircraft Aluminum for the rods too. right? :rolleyes:

Wifey

This should be your wife. Oh well....use your imagination.
Why doe every one pick on my wife she a nice girl (to put up with me lol) I dont say nothing about anyone spouses I have more class then that.

oh by the way Im missforming on another post here better check it out before I steer some unaware newbie in to a costly mistake :ph34r:

I dunno, Tom. Normally, I'd say ban his sorry ass...but he's just so darned entertaining.

Yo, Kev...you're gettin' a reprieve Bro! :D

Dissapointing. :( Well Xtremarine, glad that your making some parts for engines, keep up the progress and let your products speak for yourself. Outside of his product lets not make any personal comments about people, its just not proper. I mean come on, I know people who have ugly ass wifes that and think there beautiful, have 8 sec muscle cars that cant tune a boat for ****, and then there is Andy Brown, who it doesnt matter how fast his car is or how hot his wifey/girlfriend is, cause he has a dozen boats that run 100mph. B) Personal comments are for Jerry Springer. So lets get back to the tech part of this forum. Xtremarine, make some piston/sleeves for more popular engines that have hard to find parts and you will get much more business. Lets not drive away potential manufactuters no matter what we think of their products, everyone starts off somewhere. Best of luck Xtremarine! Andy- How the hell do you get those props so **** precise? :blink: :D

Larry Jr.

Thank you Larry jr..Im not the greatest Machinist in all the land but try to make part for a motor which is a dinasoure but have been the motor I ve used for 25yrs and i just want to keep the classic on the water and maybe yes kick them up alittle bit too is good.. push little piston and sleeve for these old dinisurs.. but I took advice and maybe sleeve and pistons would be not a good line.. but you it didnt got that way my head is as hard as theres we should kick and bite but we should all just keep the kids and wifes out of it

they got no clue what we argue about.

believe me if i ever sold a componet to a young boy or girl and it would have fail i would without a second though replace that whole motor becuase they trusted me and it failed ... but you Ide tell you let me see it first.lol ide say 80% of the guys that razzin me... are very intelligent and never called any1 stupid except for the boy with his sopped up mustang :rolleyes:

Larry Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long after we leave this earth, we will be remembered for what we've done not what we had.

Xtremarine, dont worry about it, ive been through it, it seems we all at one time or another piss someone off. Its like death and taxes and Pissing someone off on IW! :D

Larry Jr.

Dissapointing. :( Well Xtremarine, glad that your making some parts for engines, keep up the progress and let your products speak for yourself. Outside of his product lets not make any personal comments about people, its just not proper. I mean come on, I know people who have ugly ass wifes that and think there beautiful, have 8 sec muscle cars that cant tune a boat for ****, and then there is Andy Brown, who it doesnt matter how fast his car is or how hot his wifey/girlfriend is, cause he has a dozen boats that run 100mph. B) Personal comments are for Jerry Springer. So lets get back to the tech part of this forum. Xtremarine, make some piston/sleeves for more popular engines that have hard to find parts and you will get much more business. Lets not drive away potential manufactuters no matter what we think of their products, everyone starts off somewhere. Best of luck Xtremarine! Andy- How the hell do you get those props so **** precise? :blink: :D

Larry Jr.
Andy- How the hell do you get those props so **** precise? :blink: :D

Here lies the key Larry. I made dozens of them for myself before I tried to sell one. As a matter of fact I did not try to sell one. Guys saw them work on my boat and asked for them.

This dude can't even post the designation #'s for either of the only two possible choices for good con-rod aluminum.

If this guy's stuff is good, let him bring it to the pond and show us that it works. I sold hundreds of boats and props without a website. If his stuff is truley good it will sell. Wonder if he's thought of the great Idea of sending a few free parts to a few good boaters. If his stuff is good it will offset the cost in no time.

So far there has not been a "tech" part to this thread.

EX Dude, You brought your wifey into this deal by posting a pic and stating that she was not only your wife, but your "HOT WIFE".

Wow, I have more important things to do at 11.52 PM, but this is better than Jay Leno.

Here lies the key Larry. I made dozens of them for myself before I tried to sell one. As a matter of fact I did not try to sell one. Guys saw them work on my boat and asked for them.

This dude can't even post the designation #'s for either of the only two possible choices for good con-rod aluminum.

If this guy's stuff is good, let him bring it to the pond and show us that it works. I sold hundreds of boats and props without a website. If his stuff is truley good it will sell. Wonder if he's thought of the great Idea of sending a few free parts to a few good boaters. If his stuff is good it will offset the cost in no time.

So far there has not been a "tech" part to this thread.

I understand Andy, being the perfectionist and a machinist that you are, something like this may bother you, but please, you dont have to say one word to defend yourself. You let your products speak for themselves as you should and as you have. I was more or less talking about these stupid personal comments that are way off topic and is simply stupid. I understand that there really is no market for a big bore K&B, cause then it would be illegal to run in the .45 class and get its ass kicked in .67 class, so it is pointless for the racer that you and I are. We should encourage eachother though to make anything new for that matter. I understand yes, when you come out with something you should give it to those guys at the top to see what they think about it, but this guy isnt trying to change the RC world with his products, so ya know what I say? No biggie! Maybe he will come across somethin that in the future may be useful to me. So for now I will encourage him to keep on truckin with whatever he can. Im not promoting it in any way, just encouraging anyone to manufacture on their own is great in my eyes. We all know your one of the Kings of speed Andy, and Im sure Xtremarine no knows that if he didnt already. Let quit all this my car is faster than yours and my wife is hotter than yours, because it doesnt mean ****. On this website its My RC boat is faster than yours. That Ill listen too and hopefully some tips along the way :D And as we all know, your boat are among the fastest. Anyways, I got a set of your 1667's 65mm at 5.8" for my twin Im rebuilding. Ive made about 6 pairs of props so far for it and I must say, the fact that you can make 2 props that have been cut so closely matched is truly a work of art. Once I know the best prop combination after running the boat I will be calling you, cuase your props are beyond second to none. Period. I want to encourage anyone to try and make, build, manufacture any RC products, it will lead to nothing but good things for the hobby. Now, if it only wasnt so cold here in Chicago :p

Larry Jr.

no Andy sorry but your wrong. since the secound post on this topic I never had a chance.. I was a single jewish boy in an all cathlic school.. and may a%% was getting kick rite from the go. you guys treated me like i was ascamming living in a trailer park.trying to come here to rip people off..

Im retired from GM tool and die maker 25 years,I was makeing cold forging mold for fuel injector before alot of these people where borned..I drove a 1983 Corvette none excisted except for 2 because when you had a perfect month you would be allowed to take it out for lunch. Machinig skill far suceed must machinist.Im retired at 40 bored so i went out and bought $50000 in used and new machines becuase I was Bored got some little elecrical stamping job(i have 3 punch press) and I made parts did well well enough to pay all of my machines off and buy me a hummer for my birthday. Then I found my old 41 Fountian Lightning w/ a K&B 7.5 from when a use to race when APBA just started a r/c classificaion.I raced and I lost all the time.. but it was fun always told put a picco or a rossi and ude do better. naw I love my little k&B SO i though well lets boost it upterry dienre APBA President back in the day said you can do what ever you want to you motor as long as the case is original(back then it was legall to run 2 plugs(i didnt) so I turned me a steel sleeve .25 deg taber cross honed to 2 tenths, and the only Alum i could find was a piece of aircraft alum and I made my piston from that...it was a tight fit the piston would stop an .125 from the top. my mold maker buddy said heat the sleeve to 400deg. and dip the piston in some 2a clove paste and then work the piston up and dwn till u can touch the sleeve without getting burned and sure enough it worked now the piston would stop a 16th from the top just like factory new.. now I took the piston out and applied pershin blue to it and worked it in the sleeve out ,in,twisted then pulled it out to see there was any high spots... there was none. assembled the motor..started the motor with heavy oil blend and 20% nitro and beanch it for about 2 pints of fuel. mounted in (this a 7.8cc P/S) and I ran this boat for 2 years and maybe 10 gal of 60%. and this motor still run on the second flip Havent split the case in 2 year...

Thats why I was hard headed about my pistons working before every 2 gal was a over haul. my new sleeve well 10 gals later new I still have a struggle getting it over TDC ..this was my proving grounds and made me feel that product would good for our fellow boater and thats why a started making pistons. and I was happen excited that now all these old K&Bs would have new life

Then I came here and no advice no heplful hint,tricks of the trade nothing..you guys just beat the **** out of me and my dreams

And thats why I turned in to an aragant jerk............... other wise Im a funny go luck guy.....I never won a race but I never made excusess

Three bulls heard via the grapevine that the rancher was going to bring Yet another bull onto the ranch, and the prospect raised a discussion Among them. First Bull: "Boys, we all know I've been here 5 years. Once We settled our differences, we agreed on which 100 of the cows would be Mine. Now, I don't know where this newcomer is going to get HIS cows, But I aint' givin' him any of mine." Second Bull: "That pretty much says It for me, too. I've been here 3 years and have earned my right to the 50 cows we've agreed are mine. I'll fight 'im till I run him off or kill 'im, but I'M KEEPIN' ALL MY COWS." Third Bull: "I've only been here a Year, and so far you guys have only let me have 10 cows to "take care Of." I may not be as big as you fellows (yet) but I am young and virile, So I simply MUST keep all MY cows." They had just finished their big Talk when an eighteen-wheeler pulls up in the middle of the pasture with Only ONE ANIMAL IN IT: the biggest Son- of-Another-Bull these guys had ever seen! At 4700 pounds, each step

He took toward the ground strained the steel ramp to the breaking point. First Bull: "Ahem ... You know, it's actually been some time since I Really felt I was doing all my cows justice, anyway. I think I can spare

A few for our new friend." Second Bull: "I'll have plenty of cows to take care of if I just stay on the opposite end of the pasture from HIM. I'm certainly not looking for an argument." They look over at their

Young friend, the 3rd bull, and find him pawing the dirt, shaking his Horns, and snorting. First Bull: "Son, let me give you some advice real Quick. Let him have some of your cows and live to tell about it." Third

Bull: "Sh*t, he can have ALL my cows. I'm just making sure he knows I'm A bull!!

Had to :lol: :lol:

myv12.jpg

let me burst your bubble mr CLK scientist clk 55 amg has a 5.5l v-8 correct? let me F*ck you really up.. In 2003 when I bought this fine automobile (for $86,ooo I paid $23,000 extra for this dealer installed opoin can you quess what it was ? Ill show you if you answer it rite total bill for the car was 109.ooo dollar.. now tell me what opion achieved that 23k
V12CLK.jpg

now what???

CAN YOU SAY V-12 BI TURBO

LOL AND I WOULD LEAVE THAT MUSTANG PARKED BECAUSE HE COULDNT SEE DUE TO ALL THE SMOKE COMING OFF BOTH REAR TIRES FOR 50' (of course I would have turned off the ARS so it would let me spin my p-zero's off the rim..... Ford shoulda stuck with trucks and model Ts
Just trying to learn... Do note I'm absolutely no CLK scinentist, but howcome its an Brabus engine in that CLK with an AMG sticker on the rear? Was it an option to also get the stock looking CLK exhaust for it? I would guess the V8 or V12 would have a hard time breething through that single stinger...? But I like the idea that it would be a true sleeper though... Not bragging about that its an V8 por V12 etc under the hood etc. Cool.

As the moderator I can have the last say.....

The true measure of the greatness of a man is not how many toys they have or money they make. A lesson Eugene still needs to understand.

It's been fun but that's all folks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back