Thunderboat dummy engine attachment

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvknox

Even though this is a gas class,I thought there might be more info on this forum.I have used a multi point linkage to positvely hold the dummy engine in my 1/8 scale 68 Bud .I'd like to do something similar on my Thunderboat.However,with the Zen side exhaust and intake this does not seem feasible.I am using a Merlin kit from Doug Campbell(Classic Hydros) made of balsa and plywood,which will float,but I'd rather keep the Merlin on the boat.With the new gas scale group starting in the Northwest,I was hoping that some of you are running hulls with cut back cowls and open engines and have solved this problem.Any suggestions?The boat is a wood Zippkit dropped sponson hull made into a 67 Bud U-12 with a caulked stained deck.

Harvey Liberman

Harvey Liberman

Even though this is a gas class,I thought there might be more info on this forum.I have used a multi point linkage to positvely hold the dummy engine in my 1/8 scale 68 Bud .I'd like to do something similar on my Thunderboat.However,with the Zen side exhaust and intake this does not seem feasible.I am using a Merlin kit from Doug Campbell(Classic Hydros) made of balsa and plywood,which will float,but I'd rather keep the Merlin on the boat.With the new gas scale group starting in the Northwest,I was hoping that some of you are running hulls with cut back cowls and open engines and have solved this problem.Any suggestions?The boat is a wood Zippkit dropped sponson hull made into a 67 Bud U-12 with a caulked stained deck.
Harvey Liberman

Harvey Liberman
Not sure if a Zip Kit islegal in Namba: Classic Thunderboat

Boat maybe of wood or fiberglass construction.

48-56 inches in length and a minimum of 24 inches in width. The transom shall be a minimum of 10” in width.

Hull designs: Round Nose, Step Deck, Chisel Nose ONLY.

ENGINES will be a PUM 26cc Zenoah. Engine may run a stock 257 carburetor. No internal modification allowed. All

replacement parts must be from the original manufacturer, and the same type engine (Zenoah 260 to Zenoah 260) no

parts swapping.

Any pipe combo may be used. The pipe and muffler must be inside the boat and exit through the transom.

Nothing may be further than 5 1/4" behind the transom.

Boat must have a sponsored paint scheme with sponsored IDs and U numbers on the boat.

Boat must have a driver in a front or rear cockpit. Driver scale of 1/8 to 1/6 in relationship to the size of the boat.

Boat must run with an engine cowling or dummy engine to cover as much of the boats engine as possible

Harvey Liberman

Harvey Liberman
Not sure if a Zip Kit islegal in Namba: Classic Thunderboat

Boat maybe of wood or fiberglass construction.

48-56 inches in length and a minimum of 24 inches in width. The transom shall be a minimum of 10” in width.

Hull designs: Round Nose, Step Deck, Chisel Nose ONLY.

ENGINES will be a PUM 26cc Zenoah. Engine may run a stock 257 carburetor. No internal modification allowed. All

replacement parts must be from the original manufacturer, and the same type engine (Zenoah 260 to Zenoah 260) no

parts swapping.

Any pipe combo may be used. The pipe and muffler must be inside the boat and exit through the transom.

Nothing may be further than 5 1/4" behind the transom.

Boat must have a sponsored paint scheme with sponsored IDs and U numbers on the boat.

Boat must have a driver in a front or rear cockpit. Driver scale of 1/8 to 1/6 in relationship to the size of the boat.

Boat must run with an engine cowling or dummy engine to cover as much of the boats engine as possible
it probably would not be legal in namba but,i think he's asking for help on a mounting issue ofthe dummy engine on a Zippkit.

Back