Gas Scale setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, serves me right for not reading the US rules, I'd just always been told that ride plates weren't allowed in the US, so hadn't thought to read the rules to check?

Update, so I just had a scan through the rules for NAMBA and IMPBA and found the following in IMPBA rules:

"6. No rear sponson, ride shoe or other riding surface allowed aft of the sponson transom."

A ride plate on the stuffing tube would infringe this rule right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bob G,

I don't see where your:

"6. No rear sponson, ride shoe or other riding surface allowed aft of the sponson transom."

came from in IMPBA Rule Book.

We're talking Gas Scale here and to the best of my knowledge, there is only a proposed set of rules PNWTA has been working with. Many Scale boats run, or have run rear shoes. CHEERS !!! Bob

It's the last part of this section (Large Scale Gasoline- Classic Thunderboat hydro). http://www.impba.net...0lsg%202012.pdf

Admittedly this section only covers Classic thunderboats.

I stand corrected. It seems I've been misinformed about the ruling of stuffing tube mounted ride pads for scale racing and at this point I'll quietly retire back to te corner from which I came :wacko:

The moral of the story? there's no substitute for reading the rules yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back