Thunder in the Hills Inboard Hydroplane Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Knesek

A high school friend of mine invited me & my son to a great hydroplane race this past weekend and I thought I would share a few photos with you. Roush and his father-in-law, Don Mashburn are developing the 2.5 litre Ecotech motor for the 2.5 Litre Mod class.

Thunder in the Hills Race

Thanks for all of the pictures. I sure do miss this going to this race, but we had a few things to do at the Gas Nats.

When Brian Blazer said what the date of the Nats was going to be I said you got to be kidding thats Rocky Fork. He said I know but that is the only date that fits. It was even his wedding anniversary.

They call me on friday in Celina to announce the race but I was busy announcing at the Nats. among other things

Who did they get?

If I remember right Don Mashburn and the MR Bud tried two years prior to set a record but could not get the Bud on plane. It looks like the third time was a charm.

I can't believe Stover is still racin. I hope his boat is not to badly hurt. I was looking thru the pics and thought that was him on the start. Then a later shot of the Hire Voltage confirmed it.

Thanks again. Bob Blazer "the Generic Announcer"

Thanks for all of the pictures. I sure do miss this going to this race, but we had a few things to do at the Gas Nats.When Brian Blazer said what the date of the Nats was going to be I said you got to be kidding thats Rocky Fork. He said I know but that is the only date that fits. It was even his wedding anniversary.

They call me on Friday in Celina to announce the race but I was busy announcing at the Nats. among other things

Who did they get?

If I remember right Don Mashburn and the MR Bud tried two years prior to set a record but could not get the Bud on plane. It looks like the third time was a charm.

I can't believe Stover is still racing. I hope his boat is not to badly hurt. I was looking thru the pics and thought that was him on the start. Then a later shot of the Hire Voltage confirmed it.

Bob I'm not sure who announced the race but I do know that none of the drivers were injured other than scratches. Don is knocking on the record & I wouldn't be surprised if they break it this weekend in Michigan. I have another 350 photos (thanks to my son) that I will upload to the same link tonight.

Thanks for all of the pictures. I sure do miss this going to this race, but we had a few things to do at the Gas Nats.When Brian Blazer said what the date of the Nats was going to be I said you got to be kidding thats Rocky Fork. He said I know but that is the only date that fits. It was even his wedding anniversary.

They call me on Friday in Celina to announce the race but I was busy announcing at the Nats. among other things

Who did they get?

I can't believe Stover is still racing. I hope his boat is not to badly hurt. I was looking thru the pics and thought that was him on the start. Then a later shot of the Hire Voltage confirmed it.

Bob I'm not sure who announced the race but I do know that none of the drivers were injured other than scratches. Don is knocking on the record & I wouldn't be surprised if they break it this weekend in Michigan. I have another 350 photos (thanks to my son) that I will upload to the same link tonight.
Boy, Desparado was really cookin' before he blew over. Country Boy wasn't laying down either.

Celina on Saturday, Thunder In The Hills on Sunday and San Diego on cyberspace. Boat racing heaven.

Bob Heywood

Dayton, OH

Back