These FireFighters Are Awesome!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,

Will the 3.5 shoout on the 21st be the much anticipated debut of the 21 Firefighter?

Charley

well..... i think so.... that is the plan.... i don't espext a great performance cause it will be my first and most likely last race for the year..... meaning my driving skills will be very poor!

But Tom,

When you have a top notch boat like the Firefighter.21, your driving skills can be less than perfect. ;D

Peter

You can't cover up bad driving or a bad boat in D4 20 hydro. Tom will be the first to admit that. There are some of the best in the country here. Ron Zaker Jr., David Preusse, Mike Zaborowski, Gary Preusse just to name a few. Any flaw with a 20 hydro will be badly exploited. Lots of US-1's in that group I just mentioned...

The results speak for themselves...

you ain't whistling dixie! but it's the knowledge I learned from racing with these guys that has made the boat what it is..... I will be the first to say it will not be easy for me..... the guys garret mentioned are all at the top of there game and due to family obligations i'm way behind this year..... but i still have high hopes.... dave presuuse the winner of the last 2 had a slower boat than i did by quite a bit...... it was his driving that put him in the winners circle!

i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

David rarely runs 21 hydro.. If your boat was faster than Gary's that would be saying something..

Did you place second at the last two 3.5 shootouts?

Charley

no, not even close..... ???

last time i radared gary preusse he had his .21 hydro going 78-79mph i believe.....v947 prop

speeds like that are in the engine/setup/prop more than the boat design....... a good boat design shows no bad running habbits and such.....no blowing off, stuffing, fast on the turns etc.... I believe if gary was tunning my boat it be going that fast as well.

Shouldn't the boat be built/setup to achieve those speeds? Engines are the easy part.. Most anyone can get an engine that will be capable of running those speeds, it's the boat that is the limiting factor..

I know someone running 74 with a bag stock H-7. So prop work is not really a factor..

Saying you have a fast boat that needs someone like Gary Pruesse to work on it is really misleading to a potential buyer of the kit..

How are they going to get Gary to come to their pond and get it running at competitive speeds?

Charley

Well i'm not about to get in an arguement with this.....

I will say this is the 5th generation firefighter .21, I have also designed/built/ran several .12 firefighters. I have learned a tremendus amount going through 7-8 rigger design cycles and I can say with much confidence that with the proper setup/prop/engine the Firefighter .21 is a confident 70+mph boat. Getting a .21 rigger to go over 70 is not as easy as it looks, boat design is only 1 of many factors that is needed to achieve those top notch speeds.

like Garret said, d4 has a lot of top notch .21 hydro guys..... they make it look a lot easier than it actually is.

Very fast rigger. Great video Tom. I have never owned a rigger but have been considering one. I think this is the one. I bought one of Grim's Villan S1 kits and thought it was easy kit to build. Put me on you list, I would like to own one of your FF.21 kits.

Nice Job!!!!

Stick with Grim and get the ninja..It is a race proven boat that has won many races in D4 and US-1 titles..

Charley

A few notes about the Pic above

The box art is good. It has Toms name on it and the decal art looks like toms website.

Very cool.

Grim

Stick with Grim and get the ninja..It is a race proven boat that has won many races in D4 and US-1 titles..

Charley
Mike and I are good friends..... the Ninja is a great boat, you wont be disappointed......

You won't be disappointed with a FireFighter either. 8)

Hey Tom,

Have you changed your reccomendations on the transom hardware? Fitted the strut to mine and found the rudder bracket wouldn't fit beside the strut - new bracket needed???

Tim.

thanks for posting the pictures Mike!.....

i was going to bring my camera today but i didn't think i could carry 2 completed boats, 1 kit, 2 boat stands and a camera all at once back to the car...... I think I was right cause I was about to die when i finally got to the car carrying everything!

Back