The X-Ducer mono for nitro and gas.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickard Andersson

This is what it looks like after a major rebuild. This was an old Seaducer 44 that was cut apart and then rebuild,,, now it's 50" long and wider then before. All that to test some new things, among other, a complete new bottom, new and higher nose. In total, some new aero and hydrodynamic features that if it works will end up on my other boats. I will use an QDP 26 gas eng for some of the R&D work then to test it's speed limit it will be loaded with a CMB 91 666 EVO eng. I think this one might be a killer in both the nitro and the gas class. Now I.m doing a simple hatch,,,, and yes we have a lot of snow here,,,,,,, and 60cm thick ice on the sea!

Rickard

004 (4).JPG

012.JPG

006 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great project Rickard and I believe longer and wider is whats needed now with the gas monos.How wide is it at the transom ?

About +1 inch,, I made it to fit both gas and nitro engines,,, and It was build so If I wanted I can extend it to 53" then It will be only about 1/5 inch wider then now.

Rickard

it would be nice if jerry would make a 60 inch heat racing hull , the 47 isnt really up to the new hipo motors these days

take the 60-80 sd3 boat and make it 60 inches long

like your work

jase

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jase,

About boat size, my experience is that it depends on the sizes on the boats that you compete against. For example, in NAVIGA in Europe, we have an O-35 class where there is a limitation of 35cc on the engine. Are you then eight boats in a heat, and five of them have 35cc engines and are between 55-62 "long, then you must use a larger boat than before, maby only just to stay alive on the corse, even if you use a smaller engine such as 28.5 or 29.5 engine you need a bigger boat.

You compete in the 6 lap heats, If one takes the lead at the start and then you have maybe 2-4 "free" laps, without other boats in front of you. You maybe just need to round some dead boats. Then at the last laps, maby you have a few slower boats to pass and if you keep your lane (1-2) you become yourself a difficult boat to overtake from behind. So very few laps with rough water. We run 25-33 laps heat, thus constant traffic to take into account. We are competing for quite different conditions.

Rille

Back