The JVD Sport 20 V.2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We experienced a break between weather systems today and my son, Paul, was able to take some photos of my new boat. Having raced the Snake boat for many years, Paul thought the new boat was every bit as fast as the Snake.

I was able to pull a full X442 during one of the prop tests. Mark Shoulund has worked up a V-Cut X445 for me to try. It should arrive in the next couple of days.

One of the things I really like about this boat is it can be placed in the water with the need of any assistance to get on step.

JD

We had a great day for testing and doing some practice races today. Jim Mamaril, driving his Whiplash 20, and I had a great grudge match. One of the other boaters shot video of the two boats running together. Hopefully, Jim will be able to download the video and post it.

Running against Jim's boat provided a great opportunity to see how the boat handles during racing conditions. I'm very pleased. :D

JD

Here is the video shot today of our little grudge match, sure was fun right up until that bouy jumped in front of me. I still got a little work to do to get my boat tamed down a little but I am pretty happy with the progress, it definitely has straightaway speed but need to work on the cornering.

I was wondering if you had the new one yet.

I'm thinking of replacing my CMB 21 rs with the 11 port from OS for this year but have not heard any news as to how they work in a sport 20.

thanks for the info...

great boat you got....

jacko'

I finally had an opportunity on Saturday to race my new Sport 20 against my Bruce Mooring "Snake Sport 20" being driven by my son, Paul. Before a water line issue caused a problem with the "Snake" boat, we had a really close race. Not unexpectedly, Paul beat me to the start. However, my boat was capable of catching the "Snake" on the straightaways. With a slight lead going into the final corner, Paul's boat stopped and I finished.

I won the second qualifying heat and the final. My new boat is at least as good as the "Snake" and it's my design. The "Snake" is Team Dunlap's backup boat and available for Paul to race as his schedule allows.

My next opportunity to race my Sport 20 will be at the first District 8 Championship Series Race at Twin Lakes on April 20.

The reason my VS1 is in the photo is I also won 20 Mod Tunnel - with a "Stocker." :D

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
New Sport 20 boat looks, and sounds like it runs great Jerry!!! How many Sport 20's ran at the event...?

How many Mod-20's showed up? How many 'stockers'?... who was 2nd in each class?

Best,

DJ

New Sport 20 boat looks, and sounds like it runs great Jerry!!! How many Sport 20's ran at the event...?

Best,

DJ
Hi Dave,

4 Sport 20s, 4 20 Stockers(Paul won that class), and 4 20 Mods(3 piped engines and my stock engine). Lots of rain on Saturday, it's been that type of weekend, but good water conditions.

JD

Best,

DJ
Hi Dave,

4 Sport 20s, 4 20 Stockers(Paul won that class), and 4 20 Mods(3 piped engines and my stock engine). Lots of rain on Saturday, it's been that type of weekend, but good water conditions.

JD
Nice! Keep up the good work! Hopefully I'll catch you in Marysville soon.

DJ

Jerry, just thought you'd like to know, Jim Wilson dropped the six lap record another 10 seconds. 1:20. something. Rudy

I finally had an opportunity on Saturday to race my new Sport 20 against my Bruce Mooring "Snake Sport 20" being driven by my son, Paul. Before a water line issue caused a problem with the "Snake" boat, we had a really close race. Not unexpectedly, Paul beat me to the start. However, my boat was capable of catching the "Snake" on the straightaways. With a slight lead going into the final corner, Paul's boat stopped and I finished.

I won the second qualifying heat and the final. My new boat is at least as good as the "Snake" and it's my design. The "Snake" is Team Dunlap's backup boat and available for Paul to race as his schedule allows.

My next opportunity to race my Sport 20 will be at the first District 8 Championship Series Race at Twin Lakes on April 20.

The reason my VS1 is in the photo is I also won 20 Mod Tunnel - with a "Stocker." :D

JD
Hey Jerry, Can you post some of the other photos from this weekend??

JD
Hey Jerry, Can you post some of the other photos from this weekend??
Sure,

The young fellow in the first photo is Jim's grandson, Dom. Dom drove a Miss Vegas to a win in the 18 RTR Class.

The second photo is a group photo.

JD

Back