The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After years of racing and hard running it's time for a major repair and make over and motor updates.

20170125_214525.jpg

20170125_214538.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see to run compare 2 differents between RS Red and EVO Gold so I like RS more powerful than EVO but depend on what kind of pipe
default_wink.png
I just hear improve new CMB 91 RS EVO with M1 Performance more powerful than 101
default_huh.png

Pulled out the bad and adding the new.
Right in the middle of the same overhaul on a twin SGX, for my new transom I replaced the old smooshy 1/4 ply with a new hard maple solid core sandwiched between carbon fibre sheeting. Now I have a bullet proof butt flap that won't soften as you tighten up the struts. When you get yours all back together, do you add any aluminum angle stock in the bait box that any of your hardware bolts up to and for insurance strength?

Nice motor work! What tools do you use, your results look great on the sleeves. Any advice for someone looking to set the rotor plate clearance?

Thanks
Here are the tools that I used to do the work on the motor they can be bought through a place called Riogrande. It is primarily a jewelry tool supplier for hobbyists also.

Danny King has a very good way to clearance the disc it's really easy to over cut. In doing the math Depth- back plate -disc thickness- .003thou. and you get the # to cut down on the case.

Take 320 too 600 wet dry sand paper "wet" and on a real flat surface sand the block down. Dannys trick is to use a piece of paper to check yourself as you come down so you don't over do it.

There is not a lot of room for a error and always check 4 spots as you're clearance will vary if you don't watch it.

20170206_222639.jpg

Finally got some time to finish up the inner wood replacement the other day and got it surfaced and got the 1/16th plywood from the hobbie shop finally glued.

20170207_114432.jpg

20170212_121944.jpg

Latest posts

Back