The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI Charlie , Im not that Quick in a straight line 85 87MPH but the boat is very quick in the turns ,can hold the buoys an hardly brush off speed ,i set the boat up that way deliberately ,thats where i do all my passing as can hold it real tight an its so quick in the turns. Mark I dont run 1667 ,I run a prop that Ian Inverity designed, but I modified again to suit my needs ,I think that prop original started as a 2718 ,correct me if Im wrong Ian ,but in any water rough smooth that prop stays hooked up at all times the boat is very settled can back off an get on it an shes gone like a scolded cat ,BTW mark im only running 90's ,got a pair of cubes as spares but find the 90's are wickedly reliable an rev hard, the boat will pull 2170 but really not a heat racing prop,when I get some time will reset the boat to see if i can accommodate the 2170 the boat is quick enough, but over time my goal is to get it to 100 mph as a heat race boat, just dont have much spare time to test , but talking to a few twin operators the next thing is can we operate a boat at 100mph in a heat race ,I once drove Aron Albericos twin at 95 mph i found that your reaction time has to be outstanding ,Im wondering if our brains can compute that fast any way thats the challenge i look forward to. cheers Ace
Ace what is the main problem with the 1667s and your twin . 1667s w/6.4 cup runs 90s consistent done by Andy. I'm just getting time to start testing my self the 2170 3blades that iI started to try had a lot of lift and had toast the struts at 0 deg. to get it to settle down I'm going to try the other props this summer . what motors and pipes are you running? The cleave props are very nice winter Nats in Florida a lot of guys were using them they seam to load the motors up better on mild and all out modded motors without doing a lot of cupping. Mark had me try a 2316 on my modded 46DD JAE a few years ago and 80mph went to mid 90s just like that. With a 1657 it was fast but flat the 2316 and it was 2 staging one of thought thing every one just stops everything and sits and watches!!!! it just takes a lot of time and help from the right people to hit the target. Pass ya later Charlie

Tried some new props this weekend

from Australia 86 mph with a bent blade my friend Tim didn't realize how heavy the twin is and caught it on the boat stand . Finally got the motors freshened up and the new longer sponsons and bigger turn fin seddel the boat down.

IMG_0621.jpg

20160717_153013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Charles, said it before got to love the scenery in the background. Awesome
default_cool.png

Tried some new props this weekend

from Australia 86 mph with a bent blade my friend Tim didn't realize how heavy the twin is and caught it on the boat stand . Finally got the motors freshened up and the new longer sponsons and bigger turn fin seddel the boat down.

What size of abc props?

Allan,

They are II1 +5 props from Peter at CoCr
oh I see ! Did you run better ABC H-31 with OPS90 fast ??
default_biggrin.png
No Allan they are good though Andys 1667s @6.4cup in our waters run 90+ 5.8 cup mid to high 80s
Did you see compare CoCr or Andys 1667 and Mark new ABC prop? which one better props?
Allan have not got the ABC props in yet for my twin Aron my cousin just got one for his 101 single but haven't ran it yet. The chromium CoCr props are super once you get them dialed in . And Andy's are the fastest so far.

Charlie,

I think you will find the 2717, 2719, 2817, and 2917 will out perform any 1667

and run better through rough race water with the extra rake in the blades. Also,

believe it or not? The 2819, and 2821 propellers will put you close or over 100 MPH

if you have good power output and a good set up on the twin. The pipes look good
default_smile.png

Enjoy The Testing,

Mark Sholund

Charlie,

and run better through rough race water with the extra rake in the blades. Also,

believe it or not? The 2819, and 2821 propellers will put you close or over 100 MPH

if you have good power output and a good set up on the twin. The pipes look good
default_smile.png

Enjoy The Testing,

Mark Sholund
Thanks Mark any idea when you are going to get these props in thanks Charlie

Charlie,

I have had 20+ twin sets come out of my shop in the last month.

What are you looking for? 2717's? or 2817's?

I still have a few of these in stock.

Let Me Know?

Mark Sholund

Charlie,

I have had 20+ twin sets come out of my shop in the last month.

What are you looking for? 2717's? or 2817's?

I still have a few of these in stock.

Let Me Know?

Mark Sholund
I'll take 1set of both thanks.

Charlie,

if you have good power outp.ut and a good set up on the twin. The pipes look good
default_smile.png

Enjoy The Testing,

Mark Sholund
Ok got to run the 2717s @ 74mph and the 2817s ran 78mph both ran strong but didn't load the motors enough.

Charlie,

Not sure the set up on the boat was the same as the 1667's that were doing 90's?

I ran the numbers and you are only pulling 20,762 rpm with the 2717 and 21,103 rpm

with the 2817? If you ran a 1667 at 5.8" to 6.43" of cup you were pulling almost 29,403

rpm with that set up. So did you change head buttons, pipes, fuel? Because most 90's

are lucky to pull 26,000 to 24,000 rpm fully loaded in the water for heat heat racing. If

you can pull 24,000 rpm with these new ones you would be more like 85.5 to 88.7 mph

at 24,000 rpm? A pretty good 1667 would only be around 78.6 mph at 24,000 rpm? The

pitches are: 2717= 4.59", 2817= 4.76", and the 1667= 4.22" of average pitch respectfully.

The good thing is the boat seems to like more pitch and diameter because it gained 341 rpm

with the 2817 over the 2717. Maybe you need to step up to the 2819's?

Something is different somewhere?
default_mellow.png

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Back