The Body Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

Some of you that know me would know that I love to sketch stuff. 99.9% of which never actually get built. Well, this is something that Ive always wanted to do, so this is the first actual sketch of the Body Rigger that I plan to start working on next week. As you can tell its not an RC boat, but I figured you guys might like it. Im going to use the flat panel system on the bottom of the hull similar to the JAE boats. I will probably change the front sponsons to look more like the JAE's also. HP will be in the 15hp range. So, here it is........

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you that know me would know that I love to sketch stuff. 99.9% of which never actually get built. Well, this is something that Ive always wanted to do, so this is the first actual sketch of the Body Rigger that I plan to start working on next week. As you can tell its not an RC boat, but I figured you guys might like it. Im going to use the flat panel system on the bottom of the hull similar to the JAE boats. I will probably change the front sponsons to look more like the JAE's also. HP will be in the 15hp range. So, here it is........
That's a trip man!! Very creative!

-Kent

Thanks guys, It may actually become a reality next summer....Yes, Ill be the idoit that risks his life in it. :D

Thanks guys, It may actually become a reality next summer....Yes, Ill be the idoit that risks his life in it. :D

It seems that you might want to have your steering cables cross underneath so the turning motion would be more natural like riding a bike instead of reverse. Looks pretty cool, but I wouldn't want to ride on my stomach/chest skipping across the water. Knees are one thing, but this seems like it would hurt.

larry good luck and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.. you may need it when you accually drive it lol!!

chris

Thanks guys, It may actually become a reality next summer....Yes, Ill be the idoit that risks his life in it.
biggrin.gif
that is far out man...lets just stick to jumping trucks off the mc donalds in mendota jr. ...that thing is purdy wild dude..i wanna be there for the shakedown run.

tk

that is a very cool idea!!!

a couple of things occurred to me while looking at the sketch you made,

It might be better if your legs go over the driving cables in case of a flip over,

you may get slashed, tangled, burned or all of the above.

Also, what is the throttle going to be? Trigger (like a Jetski), motorcycle style or a paddle under your right foot (this is not a very good idea), hehehehe.

Anyway, post pics of the build please!!!

Id go with finger trigger on right hand for the throttle. Im going to use an cable system that will go along the sides of the hull. Yes, I want nothing to be above me holding me in so I can easily bail. :ph34r: My dad thinks its kick ass and at the same time a terrible idea. So it must be cool.

Jr.

Call me crazy but the first thing that went through my mind with this project is a little

thing called flotation............

boat,maybe 100 lbs....motor + fuel tank 140lbs.....rider 175 lbs...for a total of 400+ lbs and

very little displacement per the sketch......

I'm a thinkin that this thing just might hit the bottom faster than a beer at a frat party....

Call me crazy but the first thing that went through my mind with this project is a little

thing called flotation............

boat,maybe 100 lbs....motor + fuel tank 140lbs.....rider 175 lbs...for a total of 400+ lbs and

very little displacement per the sketch......

I'm a thinkin that this thing just might hit the bottom faster than a beer at a frat party....
Rod, Maybe all he will need is for someone to give him a good to toss to get him up on plane...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rod, you may actually be suprized at how little floatation will be needed. You can see in the sketch that there are small pontoons that run along the sides of the engine, which will be pure floatation, as well the the entire front sponsons. Im searching for a Yamato racing engine, which will be considerably lighter than a standard outboard you see at the marina. Again, I do plan on making some adjustments as I go. Im thinking I will also add the rear hang offs off of the front sponsons like the JAE boats for more added floatation in the middle of hull. Yes, there will be tons of padding all over. :)

Jr.

It could easily have as much or more flotation than a 550JS Kawasaki (stand-up) Jet Ski.

Back