The Body Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rod, you may actually be suprized at how little floatation will be needed. You can see in the sketch that there are small pontoons that run along the sides of the engine, which will be pure floatation, as well the the entire front sponsons. Im searching for a Yamato racing engine, which will be considerably lighter than a standard outboard you see at the marina. Again, I do plan on making some adjustments as I go. Im thinking I will also add the rear hang offs off of the front sponsons like the JAE boats for more added floatation in the middle of hull. Yes, there will be tons of padding all over. :)

Jr.
That would be so cool to watch in person. I used to have 2 Yamato 80 engines and a kneel down hydro back when I raced in the '80's. One was stock and the other was modded to run with a expansion chamber. The modded Yamato 80 scared the he** out of me, because it was so fast. :eek:

David

if you look in the archives...lol... in the 50's think it was like 54,,, in the book popular mechanics there was a vessel much like this but worked as a hydrofoil... was basicaly a surf board with a locked straight outboard evinrude... the hyrdofoil was steerable,,, looked way dangerous,, but in all reality had proly less flotation than in your sketch larry,, so i think you should be o.k...

very cool...

alden

Back