Thank You Todd Zeller and Stu Barr

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Britton

Just wanted to share with you the write up that Todd Zeller submitted and was placed in the October 2011 Propwash regarding rcRacingEvents.com.

Race Entry Program
By Todd Zeller

Palm Beach RC Power Boaters

A huge improvement has been made for model boat racers and CD’s. Bill Britton’s rcracingevents.com online race entry

and scoring system has taken a load off of the CD’s back, while making it simpler and easier for racers to enter a race.

After CDing races for over 20 years, I can safely say that this is the easiest race I’ve ever put together. The data entry

portion of assembling a race has historically been the most time consuming part of building a race. Bill’s system has all

but removed the data entry burden off the CD or whoever is putting the race together.

The building of heats takes all of about 10 minutes, which includes sorting out frequency conflicts. Adding late entries

is a breeze. Scoring is a snap, with his scoring application that you will need to download. If you have internet access at

the pond with an air card or cellphone, uploading your scores after each heat only takes a couple mouse clicks. There are

even numerous video tutorials in his support forum on the site, to help explain the process of building up a race from

scratch and scoring the event. You also get excellent tech support from Bill himself, as he keeps a watchful eye over

races being built or edited.

There are no additional fees if mail-in entries only are used. The only additional costs incurred are a minimal fee

from PayPal (optional), which averaged out to less than $0.75 per racer for our race. Many people are not aware that

a PayPal account is not required for a racer to pay with a credit card.

I highly recommend to any club that they try out rcracingevents.com, as you won’t believe how simple and

easy it is. Our club won’t be going back to any of the old methods of doing this ever again!
I also want to thank Stu Barr for the Thank you card he sent after the Hobart race.

Dear Bill -

Your race program worked like a champ!

Thanks,

Stu Barr

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,

I would like to extend a kudos as well!!! I used your site for the first time when I registered for the Grand Prix race in Atlanta this summer. Used it again for the Fall Nationals in Charleston. I just can't figure out why ALL clubs do not use your site. It allows instant PayPal payments and it stored my information and the boats I race such that entering the Charleston and future races would be easier. Another nice feature for racers is the ability to see how many boats are entered in each class and who you will be racing!!!!

Nothing like rcracingevents.com was in place when I stopped racing years ago, but having it today sure makes it much easier on the racers, and from what I read above and heard in Charleston, much easier on the CD and hosting clubs as well!!!!! Thanks.... ;)

good job Bill.All the nights at 2:30 am running code paid off. If they only knew how many lines of code there are, and how much you got for your trouble. I thank you, and so do the clubs that use it.

good job Bill.All the nights at 2:30 am running code paid off. If they only knew how many lines of code there are, and how much you got for your trouble. I thank you, and so do the clubs that use it.
Makes my job EASY EASYYYYYYYYYYY....... ;)

Big improvement and will make this the best racing software available. Many thanks for the changes.

I totally agree with everything Todd, Stu and everyone else that has commented on Bill's program.

OCD used Bill's program for the 2011 Winter Nat's. I made several calls to Bill asking him to modify it to meet our requests for this large event. He either did these mods while I was talking to him or said I'll call you back shortly. Needless to say his program worked flawlessly for our race. We were able to build the heats and print all forms needed for this 400+ boat race in about 30 minutes. He has made several improvements since we used it last year. We are now able to add or delete racers in classes and edit race entries in many other ways. It is very user friendly but if we ran into a problem Bill has always answered his phone to give support. Any club hosting a race and not using Bill's program is out of their mind!!!!!

Bill, Thank you for your hard work and endless hours creating rcRacingEvents. It is the best thing to happen to this great hobby in a long time!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill knows how much I appreciate him and his program... I am glad he is getting recognized for his countless hours of work he has put into making it the "BEST RC BOAT RACING PROGRAM".

I was fortunate enough to be able to contribute some graphics and beta testing to make the program even better...our club will never use anything else...period.

If any clubs have any questions about the program...feel free to e-mail Bill or myself and we will try to get them answered. I also wanted to mention, that this program will run a "shoot-out" style race...no one else can do that to my knowledge.

Latest posts

Back