NAMBA RaceEntry/RaceManagement System

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

I am excited to announce the NAMBA Race Entry System. We have been working this this new system for over a year and I am very proud to say this will be a game changer. The design of this system has taken advantage of advances in technology and how we use it to provide a feature rich platform. The new system is completely integrated with the NAMBA Membership Portal. Members will log on to the race entry site using their NAMBA Portal credentials. I would love to hear your thoughts, comments and ideas! The software is currently in alpha testing and we hope to have in beta testing late November. We are hoping to have this available to selected production testing to selected clubs early in the 2023 season. Here are just few of the features that we will be offering, please keep in mind these are subject to change. Thank you to Mike Mullarkey, Karl Loveless and Richard Romero for supporting this effort and inspiring me to invest in this project!

• Web based platform for entering and managing race events.
  • The ability to view events by district or district(s).
  • Support for multi-day events and advanced scheduling options.
  • Visual heat generation and race day heat count modeling.
  • Selectable number of rounds and minimum boats to make a class.
  • Individual race calendars to track races you have entered.
  • Race Templates to save work when creating similar or series of races.
  • Integrated Hotel Support for sites.
  • Support for official NAMBA classes as well as local or exhibition classes.
  • Support for "Shootout Classes:
  • Feature Rich Race Flyer that supports HTML for beautiful and enticing race publishing.
  • Support for "push" notification of races to Social Media, SMS (Text) and email.
  • Race highlights where pictures and stories about events may be posted after the race is over and push these to social media.
  • Race Management including scoring, heat calling and fees collection
  • SMS texting of heats i.e. "A Mono Heat 1 on deck", "B Hydro Heat 34 in the Backup"
  • SMS texting of heat results and scores along with current standings for classes as the heat completes.
  • Ability for the CD to send out SMS text messages to all entrants.
  • Historic tracking of race results for individual members.
  • 1.png

Last edited:
It sounds awesome David!
How will it work with IMPBA folks that want to come out and play? Will we be able to see events etc?

Thanks

It sounds awesome David!
How will it work with IMPBA folks that want to come out and play? Will we be able to see events etc?

Thanks
Good morning,
The entrant will just need to create an account, you will not be required to join NAMBA but you will have to create a race. To enter a NAMBA event you will be required to have a valid NAMBA membership or a Single Event. Hope this answers your questions.

So a non NAMBA guy has to create an account and create a race to see what races are being offered and who is entered? Wow. Sounds pretty complex and not too user friendly for non NAMBA boaters.

Good morning,
The entrant will just need to create an account, you will not be required to join NAMBA but you will have to create a race. To enter a NAMBA event you will be required to have a valid NAMBA membership or a Single Event. Hope this answers your questions.
Thanks David. Yes sir, except for the question Chris raised. I'm not going to speak for him, but I need you to dumb it down for me. lol

I think he might be talking about lets say a IMPBA member using it to run a an IMPBA event or for that matter any kind of event (dist,club,fun run, specialty). Then they would be creating a race. Otherwise your just creating an account to use it. David is on the road travelling to the nats right now. So I think he just did a quick reply that was not clear. I see how you guys read that, because that is the way I read it too. Should be awesome with all the features that he posted.
Mike

So a non NAMBA guy has to create an account and create a race to see what races are being offered and who is entered? Wow. Sounds pretty complex and not too user friendly for non NAMBA boaters.
Pretty sure you just have to create an account to poke around and see what races are coming up and who entered. Do not have to create a race.

Good questions, you are welcome to browse the site and races without having an account. You are only required to have an account if you enter a race. As a guest, browsing the site, you can see all the races and race detail including classes and who has entered. Again you are only required to log in if you are entering a race.

This currently a NAMBA benefit to its clubs and members and would not work for an IMPBA race.

Last edited:
is there a link or place to view this software?? is it still being developed?

Back