Testing pipes on a stock Miss Vegas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more testing on the Q 18 pipe? I bought one and plan to put it in one of my boats, and was wondering what length I should shoot for.

Though I still have not compared the header length between the deuce I just got and the MV, I did look on Tower and they do not even list the header for the deuce yet...and are out of the MV header right now too. Going to have to dig through some boxes and see what I have... The MV header used to come a little long when you bought it from tower. Not sure if it still does or not.
Sean
The header by Super Tiger is a little longer and is nothing more than a little longer stock aqu header. Looks to be about 1/2 ". I have one new in pkg.

The header by Super Tiger is a little longer and is nothing more than a little longer stock aqu header. Looks to be about 1/2 ". I have one new in pkg.
Not sure how you got a new one...last I looked, they were still not listed at Tower.

The header on the Deuce does not go out as far from the engine as the MV does. It is about half an inch longer in tuned length, and the elbow is closer to the engine to get the pipe off the cowl. Not just a longer MV header...

I just got back from a vacation...and was racing in OK the weekend prior to that...so I have not had time to do any more tests. I did pick up some copper pipe to try to lengthen one of my MV headers...

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
I am heading to OK city for the first two weeks of August...should be able to get some testing done during that period (depending on the course I am going to, and how the weather is while I am there).

I am going to lengthen the stock MV header half an inch and see what happens with the QHP on the AQ engine.

If you have not noticed, the AQ engine just got real cheap at Tower ($53). I guess they are clearing them out.

I have also been curious about the GO brand of engines. Now that "you know who" seems to be out of the picture on that brand of engine, I think I might try one and see how it compares to the stock engine...see if it has the kind of speed that the CVRM has...

Sean

I'm running the new pipe on the old motor. Pipe from the center of the engine to expansion on pipe is 7.5 inches 3 turns out on the high speed, strut 3/4 down positve angle, y535 prop and 30% nitro. The boat is running real good, its not quite as fast as the Deuce but no slouch either. These boats alone is like watchin paint, however get five or six in the water let the fun begin.

Good luck to all,

I did some testing on the new Deuce quiet pipe and props today. The water was pretty rough so the speeds I got do not reflect the true potential of these combinations.

MV hull, ST18, JD Sponson mod, Aqua 18 pipe, 57% nitro - 33 mph on radar

Same hull, ST18, Deuce pipe, Grim prop, 57% nitro - 36 mph

Same hull, ST18, Deuce pipe, Octura Y535 prop, 57% nitro - 38 mph

Stock Deuce hull and running gear,Octura Y535 prop, 50% nitro - 38 mph but airborne in rough water at least 1/2 the time

The Super Tiger 18 hsn is very touchy. A small amount of adjustment between too lean and too rich.

sean,,, have you had a chance to do some more pipe testing???? im still finding it hard to to take the stock pipe out of my sv27...the q-pipe for sure seems to be a touch slower on the aqua,,and want to turn less prop,,(at least thats what ive seen)..but with my 60% mod aqua, stock pipe,,slightly shortened header,,spinnin a full dia. x640 ran 41.6 with a 6 oz gps unit inside it this morning.... just stating that so far the best pipe ive worked with for a aqua has been the stock pipe,,, but i have yet to try a macs pipe....

love to hear what youve come up with... still favoring the mac?????????

alden

Back