T6 Budweiser Laser cut framing kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Juergen,

Did you see this website? It might help:

http://www.gatjens.com/2002t6/t6.htm
The only difference in graphics in the two boats is the "Born On" decal on the transom. The rest is identical. The change was from 2000 to 2001. Up to 2000 the lettering was block style. In 2001-2004 it was script.

Nice job Mike....I guess I better get to work sizing the Albert Lee stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,

yes i know this Site.

But most pictures you can see there are from the outside (leftside) of the Boat, but i need some good shoots from the inside (rightside) of the transom, where the afterplane is longer than the opposite side.

Yes Mike thanks, lettering is clear, i can see it nice on Gatjens-site!

Juergen

i will post some building pic asap to see what i mean,

it is going to be a little confused to explain what i'am exactly mean. ;)

after sanding four different pairs of rearshoes,

this part of the build is going to feels like a splinter in my mind and drives me insane :blink:

many thanks lennard this is exactly one of the kind of pics i mean :)

Hello everybody!

I got the plans (from Roger), I got the Frame-kit (from Mike) and i got a lots of pic's from Harry Gatjens Homepage and other sources.

But i have no clue about the real looking Transom, the Afterplane and the correct Letters of this Boat.

My Goal is to build the T-6 Miss Budweiser 2001 scale as possible, this means for me, i need detailed pic's of the Transom and the Afterplan section, especially from the little steps there was mounted to the rear shoes on the canoes.

My second problem are the Letters on this boat, there are two different, right? One of them is more italic or cursive than the other one. Which one is the right one for the T-6?

I hope anyone can help me

thanks Juergen
Contact Harry as I'm sure he could send you all the info you need on the transom area as well as which style graphics to get to make your boat the piece of art you sound like you want. In the meantime, here are two picture of the Oberto that show the swim step which is similar

The U-5 Formulaboats.com is the formerly U-1 Budweiser T-6, isn't it?

I ask, because i have found so many detailed pictures of that boat!

Here comes another stupid question from me, to all the pro's out there. I know, it is going to became boring to reply my questions but i have another problem. I found many Pictures from the real Boat on the i-net and many of them shows a little curve on the deckline on the canoes, it looks like a lip or something, i can't imaging what it is, is this only happend to the U-7 or have the U-5 this line too. it's hard to explain what i mean but i draw a little sketch to see what i mean.

strange deck.jpg

Here is a great video of the T6 framing kit hull in action from one of my clients. He is going to do a Peters and May theme on the hull, but it is the standard issue T6 frame/ design. Mike

Here is a great video of the T6 framing kit hull in action from one of my clients. He is going to do a Peters and May theme on the hull, but it is the standard issue T6 frame/ design. Mike

throws out the big roostertail like the real ones!!!

Hi , What motor / esc Was used in this boat ?

Thanks

Phil..

I believe it was a 1527 1.5y on 9s. Mike
love to see what a nitro engine version would do?
With the speeds that FE scales are reaching and the lack of having to tune a motor I think FE is goIng to take over scales and probably all the rest. Don F just sent his scale rocket down the course at 89 mph this past weekend as I understand it. Look at the ease of launching the boats and retrieval. The boat in Mike's video runs so stable and true its absolutely amazing. I don't think nitro motors will reach the speeds that the electrics are capable of reaching and I'm betting that FE is just at the tip of the iceberg.

I believe it was a 1527 1.5y on 9s. Mike
love to see what a nitro engine version would do?
With the speeds that FE scales are reaching and the lack of having to tune a motor I think FE is goIng to take over scales and probably all the rest. Don F just sent his scale rocket down the course at 89 mph this past weekend as I understand it. Look at the ease of launching the boats and retrieval. The boat in Mike's video runs so stable and true its absolutely amazing. I don't think nitro motors will reach the speeds that the electrics are capable of reaching and I'm betting that FE is just at the tip of the iceberg.
its not the same.. You cant beat the engine sound and nitro and burnning gas to get the real racing affects. Why lissen to whiring sounds of a electric motor? Plus you can get more run time then FE. I'm startng to like the FE,but I keep hearing in my head,water and electrics dont mix.

Funny this sounds like the argument of piston boats vs. hairdryers

Back