T6 Budweiser Laser cut framing kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been working on the rear shoes, non trips, and sponson framing this week. Here are some pics. The epoxy parts are for my Albert Lee (this build) and the wings are for my Dominos Pizza hull. All Phil Thomas parts. Thanks Phil! They look great, Mike

DSCF0161Large.jpg

DSCF0162Large.jpg

DSCF0163Large.jpg

DSCF0164Large.jpg

DSCF0165Large.jpg

DSCF0166Large.jpg

Niza!

That's Phils' T5 canopy isn't it?

I keep having an internal debate between building and buying a canopy. Phils looks pretty good.

Yep, T5 cowl, and honestly, looking at pics of the Albert Lee it looks pretty correct. I am definitely pleased with it! Mike

Niza!

That's Phils' T5 canopy isn't it?

I keep having an internal debate between building and buying a canopy. Phils looks pretty good.
Well my parts match the plan pretty close.

That old nose bottom section is NOT a part of the cowl set. I just sent that to Mike so he could see how the nose was shaped.

It was the cutoff nose of a T5 boat I rebuilt into the Winston 8700 hull.

Keep it going Mike, that will start to look real good when you get the cowls fitted.

Trim the inside of that salt water scoop till it fits over the front of the air scoop.

Some guys glue the nose cockpit to the center and you could glue the saltwater scoop on too, that would make a stronger cowl assembly.

PHIL T

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I think about the effort it takes to shape and mold a canopy to get it right the less I want to do it. haha

Phil, do you have pricing on your site for canopies? I'll only need the center section. Feathers and wings I have down to a science. Oh, and the windshield/lexan.

I only see one problem Mike..... There is no nitro in that boat :lol: ..... Lookin good!!!!!

My package arrives 12/2 but still having trouble with clearance.

Cheers

Kev

Phil I do indeed plan on bonding all 3 peices together, especially with it being FE. I can do the magnet thing to hold it all down for quick removal.

Kevin, Sucks to hear you are still having issues with your shipment. I hope you get it handled soon!!!

Well, Here is where I am at now. I got home yesterday, admired the cowlings on the hull, went inside to look at some pics to locate how far forward or aft the cockpit should be...When I can do a halting discovery. I realized the front of the centerformer where it turns down on each side of the cockpit was totally wrong. The newton T6 plans are how I did mine, only to realize the Albert Lee crew must have modified the front to look totally different. You can see in the pic of the real boat how one is further forward than the other, and both are much more aerodynamic than my original blocks. So I went to work, redid the whole front, epoxyed and added sheeting. Not to bad for one nights work. I will clean up all the edges when the time comes, but for now, the rear and front of the boat are now much more like the full size hull. This weekend I will work on the cockpit spars, and decide where to go from there! Below are some pics of the real boat, then on of my original center former blocks, then pics of how everything is now. Enjoy, Mike

AlbertLee-1.jpg

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF2233Large.jpg

DSCF2232Large.jpg

DSCF2229Large.jpg

DSCF2234Large.jpg

Just remember, we run in the oposite direction from the full size so everything is reversed!

Nice job. The uneven leading edges of the real boat are removable. They can change them for different set-up's. They look like yours did before your change. John

Thanks for the info. I have heard that from some other guys too!

Here are some more pics. I got a little done on this boat this weekend, but I was focusing on my 8255 cowling mold. I got the cockpit spars done, and got the front cockpit cowling fitted and back framed. Also worked on the turn fin area. Enjoy, Mike

DSCF2235Large.jpg

DSCF2236Large.jpg

DSCF2237Large.jpg

DSCF2238Large.jpg

Mike, cowl looks good. Use that front wing with the flat side up, it will geve a bit more down force and not lift. Also Dick Tyndall has an angled turn fin mount for the T5-6 boats with that angle back sponson.

Thanks for that info on the front Canard Phil! I had no idea. Is that usually a fixed part, or is it suppose to be adjustable? Thanks, Mike

Yeah, I gotta give Dick a call about another turn fin. This will be the 4th one I have gotten from him! Mike

Thanks for that info on the front Canard Phil! I had no idea. Is that usually a fixed part, or is it suppose to be adjustable? Thanks, Mike
I would make it adjustable. Those hull have alot of lift. Down force is better than extra lead.

Use some of the Goldberg 90* nylon mounts or some sort of pivot attachment that will stay on but pop off with out damage if you hit something.

Hello everybody!

I got the plans (from Roger), I got the Frame-kit (from Mike) and i got a lots of pic's from Harry Gatjens Homepage and other sources.

But i have no clue about the real looking Transom, the Afterplane and the correct Letters of this Boat.

My Goal is to build the T-6 Miss Budweiser 2001 scale as possible, this means for me, i need detailed pic's of the Transom and the Afterplan section, especially from the little steps there was mounted to the rear shoes on the canoes.

My second problem are the Letters on this boat, there are two different, right? One of them is more italic or cursive than the other one. Which one is the right one for the T-6?

I hope anyone can help me

thanks Juergen

Back