Synth to mix fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it would help if you mention what you do have access to. I tried to mix some redline with nitro without success. Works fine on gasoline.
Mike

I looked into this some about a year ago. If I remember right, the Polyol Ester formulation of something like "Red Line Alcohol Fuel Two-Cycle Premix" oil may offer some performance advantages over the Polyalkylene Glycol formulation I want to say Klotz uses. Again, it's been a year since I last looked into this (and I don't have my notes with me right now), so I might be a little fuzzy on what I learned. My advise: find the MSDS and SDS for each oil, look at what the main constituent is, and confirm if that constituent offers the performance benefits you're after.

TKS RADO
MEO150 IS 70 SINTH 30 CASTOR??
Meo 200 50% castor 50% synthetic MEO 150 70% castor 30% synthetic
ELKALUB MEO 150 Advanced is mainly recommended for smaller engine sizes below 7.5cc.
ELKALUB MEO 200 is mainly recommended for larger engine sizes above 7.5cc.

Yes, Redline oil! But no Castor! 16oz. per gal. Never have had a oil related failure!

I've used the Redline Racing 2 stroke in my drag sleds and Merc V6 race outboards with
excellent results, and never had any kind of failure.

Talked to a guy at Redline 4-5 yrs. back about their methanol/nitro formula and he said they were
tweaking the recipe. Still, have never gotten around to using it.

Right now, using KL-198 TechniPlate Lite at 20%, no castor, in all my engines. Definitely cleaner, no
sign of excessive heat, and the engines seem to spin higher than on KL-200 with added castor.
Do want to try the Redline #40504 eventually.

Back