Sub piston induction.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, getting back to this topic, the new piston made no difference what so ever. Thus the problem is the new hull, not the piston. :blink:

The old hull had side mounted rear sponsons of reasonable size and only about 19% of the boat weight was at the strut. It could launch huge props and was pretty quick. The new boat has two longer but norrower rear sponsons under the hull (similar to early SG's), has about 26% of the boat weight on the strut, and cant pull a prop to save it's life. :huh:

I want to be able to pull reasonable props here, so what can I do? I was thinking as a first mod to increase the lift at the back I could glue some wood to the insides of the rear sponsons to effectively make them wider? :huh:

Or should I look at other things?

Ian.

Ian,

Put that motor in your mono and double check that it isn't the motor before you go changing the rigger.

Tim.

Tim,

That is a good idea! I might try for tomorrow if anyone else is going out to the dreaded 'Andrews Farm' site! :huh:

Pretty confident that the motor is not the problem tho. Talked to Ozzy, he agrees with the widening the rear sponson option at this stage.

Need to do new front booms first tho, get rid of so much twisting.

Nitrocrazed racing: All change....

Back