Sub piston induction.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha,Ha, And thank you ;)

Nah it's not the quanity Tim, its the quality!!!! :blink:

Phase III Racing: Jaberjaws supreme........ :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
So Tim, does that mean if I bring along a whole bunch of Flex shaft I can get some good tips on soldering on Ferrels? :unsure:

4-40 X 1.5" will keep my eyes open too. You should do as Ian does, convert everything over to metric before you start assembly. :D

5 days and counting down. :blink:

Does sealing in West Systems count as painting? It's clear

Going to paint sponsons after the Nat's - as I have to repaint another boat (or 2).

Soldering PCB's - no problem - soldering Ferrules - yuk. I can bring my 240V Scope iron for you if you like - it's good for a lot of heat but no good for precision

I keep threatening to go to metric for everything - maybe next boat :lol: :lol:

Tim, I'm driving, your flying, Ian has everything! :lol: I'll just use his soldering iron if I need one. Thanks anyway. I can imagine you will have enough to carry. :ph34r:

I'm sure there will be something I don't bring along that I / we will need - happens every time!!!! I know Ian has a dremel :blink: :blink:

I got the 1 1/2 x4-440 screws at lunch today - not the ones I wanted but they will do as a temporary.

Now for a turnfin i need......

TimD said:
I'm sure there will be something I don't bring along that I / we will need - happens every time!!!! I know Ian has a dremel :blink: :blink:
I got the 1 1/2 x4-440 screws at lunch today - not the ones I wanted but they will do as a temporary.

Now for a turnfin i need......
Hello Tim, are these worries about forgetting something in reference to coming to the Orlando Winter Nationals?

If so NO WORRIES I will be able to back you up with dremels, soldering irons and just about anything you might need. Just dont forget your boats or radios.

l8r..........Ron Byrd

Now that's a different story!!!!!! Nah - it's for the Australian nats in 5 days time. Gotta get the home nat's outta the way 1st!

I picked up a package of Dubro 4-40 X 1.5" black socket heads for you too, if they are better for what you need I will have them with me. I needed some last minute supplies and they were handy. If not don't worry, I will use them for something eventually.

Mike,

Good thing you have those screws, I just checked out my supplies and only have 4-40's up to 1" long!

Yep, metric is good because I get them, uh, very cheap! :D

I have a large-ish soldering iron, but it isn't that impressive for heat. I have never tried to do a flex with it, but it may work, and I have a hot air gun to help it out if needed! B)

Tim and Gene,

Congrats on the post count! You guys post way more than me... :p

Tim,

How thick should that turn fin be? Need to check my materials.

Ian.

And back on topic....

I fitted the new piston and didn't break it! :D

It is a little tighter than the original, but not too tight. I just need to run it in and all should be sweet again... B)

Nitrocrazed racing: Piston not broke....

Don,

Yeah, well it was my own stupid fault that I broke the last one, I was in a hurry and taking short-cuts... :(

This time I took my time....

The best bit is changing the rod to the new piston with all those tiny needle rollers at the top end of the rod with nothing but sticky oil to hold them in place while I try to push the wrist pin in.... :blink:

I hope I dont have to pull it apart again anytime soon! :p

Nitrocrazed racing: I should be good at it by now...

Tim,

No not run yet. May do it this afternoon, but probably Friday afternoon when I get back from Leigh Creek.

For run in I make the shed door nice and oily now! :p

Nitrocrazed racing: My shed door wont rust....

Got some more done last night on it. Only going to run 2 channels for now as I am running out of time at a rapid rate. The failsafe arrived yesterday. It's tiny!

Back